Schedule Release! [Houston Texans Offseason Thread 2024]

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
Never heard of that rookie Safety Pitre #5 but he was all over the field and dropping hammers. I think we got us one with him.

Pierce should have ran the ball more. You can see the potential of a big gain with every rushing attempt.

We would hAve won if Mills played better but I'm feeling good about this team

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Never heard of that rookie Safety Pitre #5 but he was all over the field and dropping hammers. I think we got us one with him.

Pierce should have ran the ball more. You can see the potential of a big gain with every rushing attempt.

The Colts obviously made adjustments, but it’s inexcusable to run Burkhead on 3rd and 1, which led to the 4th and 3. You’re supposed to trust your lead back rookie at that juncture of the game.

Agree about Pitre though. Really the entire defense played well until the offense started shytting down their legs, but Pitre, KGH, Owens, Nelson, and Stingley were the guys the jumped off the screen most to me.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps

Probably addition by subtraction here. Britt was the worst lineman on the field for us that day.

Spence

Superstar
Daps

Pitre I think was a projected 1st round that fell to the 2nd and we got lucky. He has been good and him paired with Stingley and a really good vet next year should create a nice no fly zone from deep. He is making the loss of Justin Reid a little more palatable for sure.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Pep Hamilton better get his shyt together. Mills can throw some dimes but good lord the play calling hasn’t been good. Pierce was running hard as shyt and it just makes me mad cause they could’ve continued to hand it off to him last week. No excuse for a Rex carry on 3rd & 1 then.

The defense played their asses off outside of Stingley’s growing pains showing up early. But the defense still had that as a winnable game late in the 4th, and the offense ruined it again. There’s too many capable guys on offense for them to be so vanilla.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
That lone TD the Broncos got was a very unfortunate one. Kirksey wasn’t supposed to be in coverage at all but he played to WR tight as hell. Offense just won over defense there. They gotta finish these games, but it starts with the offense actually sustaining drives to allow the defense to rest.

Last edited:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps

Stingley is the last person I’m concerned with in regards to the Texans. He showed that he is a rookie, but also has shown why he was a #3 pick. Offense is gonna be the thing that has to step up, cause the defense will be on point all year.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
That lone TD the Broncos got was a very unfortunate one. Kirksey wasn’t supposed to be in coverage at all but he played to WR tight as hell. Offense just won over defense there. They gotta finish these games, but it starts with the offense actually sustaining drives to allow the defense to rest.

I see some Texans fans online are starting to blame Pep but look what he has to work with. For some reason folks are in love with Mills like he’s a franchise QB.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I see some Texans fans online are starting to blame Pep but look what he has to work with. For some reason folks are in love with Mills like he’s a franchise QB.
I definitely see a lot of extreme Mills truthers out there, but his regression currently stems from bad OL play as well. This team offensively does have gems on it. You have three big ass TEs, multiple fast WRs, and an actual RB in Pierce, and when things aren’t being executed correctly, that does fall on coaching. Britt was the worst lineman on the field the previous week, and Rex got multiple carries over Pierce, which makes it a coaching issue. But the OL play, man, it stinks, and this week was Cann and Tytus. They blew up multiple plays that should’ve sustained drives. There’s a vid I’ll post once I find it again comparing Mills throws from last year to this year, and it’s night and day. The line is starting off worse and it’s like he’s not seeing as much of the field as last year.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
This isn’t the exact vid I mentioned, but it serves the same purpose. Mills is only making a few of these throws currently