friday the animated series

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
damn, i cant find a single thread on this...

if you didnt know, they had an animated friday series back in 07 on mtv2... produced by ice cube, but i dont think he really did much. it did have john dimaggio, the guy who voices bender on futurama. anyway...

i went into it with bottom of the barrel expectations. the first episode was pretty wack but after the 2nd i ended up watching the whole damn series. it's so bad its good...

in one episode, condaleeza rice hides out in craigs hood and they end up falling in love... craigs eyeballs show fireworks, while condis show nuclear bombs goin off. she ends up dumping him to run off to get back together with gw bush. theres a ton of bush bashing in here, as well as them calling out stars like puff, and one REALLY fukked up joke about michael jackson. and they go HARD on white people lol.. in one episode, pops is shaving his pubes :dame: and makes craig sweep them up as punishment. craig flushes them down the toilet and the hairball hits a clogged pipe and it explodes and it floods all of south central, and the mayor and all the other whites wont turn the power on to the pumps because it would cause rolling blackouts in the nice parts of LA smh - TONS of katrina references in that episode.

my main complaint is with the voice actors.. the guy playing pops sounds NOTHING like him, and pops NEVER hated craig. craig just disappointed him, but he truly loved his son.. in the cartoon, pops leaves him to die pretty much constantly. its fukked up.

my other complaint is how they did smokey wrong... the actor is doing a bad chris tucker impression, and the way they animated him... DAMN.

tell me he doesnt look just like CANIBUS

artworks-000038275850-kj7495-t500x500.jpg

MV5BMjI1MTAyNTQ4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDY4NzEyMjE@._V1_.jpg

:dead::dead::dead::dead:

overall it's pretty bad, but i was surprised how much i laughed. 6/10.. worth checking out. im kinda surprised mtv2 even aired this, but they did make Wonder Showzen too...

Last edited:

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
i'm changing my rating from a 6/10 to a 3/10... i just googled the voice cast and its cleveland brown all over again.

how the hell are you gonna have this guy

maxresdefault.jpg

do the damn voice for this guy?

Friday-750x389.jpg

i enjoyed the show well enough, but i hate when they do shyt like this. john dimaggio gets paid pretty damn well... they coulda hired the REAL john witherspoon for cheaper! cube's got the exec producer credit for the series, so im holding him responsible. the whole series felt wrong, and its because cube obviously just sold mtv2 some rights to do it as long as he got a credit.. fukked up.