puggle

Superstar
Daps

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Good choice, he's a pretty good director who should have gotten more jobs with his movie resume. Maybe he'll be one of Universal's go to guys after Compton.

Louis Leterrier :scust:

I guess I'm the only one who feels like he's a journeyman director. Nothing wrong with that at all but he doesn't do stuff that makes me go "oh yeah, that's an F. Gary Gray movie." He does good work on schedule and gets the job done. I think that's why he doesn't get more work like you say he should because he's the guy the studio will get when they know they need something done on budget or under budget and on time

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I guess I'm the only one who feels like he's a journeyman director. Nothing wrong with that at all but he doesn't do stuff that makes me go "oh yeah, that's an F. Gary Gray movie." He does good work on schedule and gets the job done. I think that's why he doesn't get more work like you say he should because he's the guy the studio will get when they know they need something done on budget or under budget and on time
This is true. He doesnt have that touch or style that you feel. You know when youre watching a fincher film,or a nolan,or even michael bay. They look and feel original and true to the director. Gary gray is just somebody you get to get the job done efficiently. Which isnt a bad thing because with the right material they can still deliver.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This is true. He doesnt have that touch or style that you feel. You know when youre watching a fincher film,or a nolan,or even michael bay. They look and feel original and true to the director. Gary gray is just somebody you get to get the job done efficiently. Which isnt a bad thing because with the right material they can still deliver.

Word, which is most directors. Very few of them are put on that level where you know it's their movie or they get their name above the title or its part of the marketing. And there's nothing wrong with that at all.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Word, which is most directors. Very few of them are put on that level where you know it's their movie or they get their name above the title or its part of the marketing. And there's nothing wrong with that at all.
I feel james wan is getting to that point for me.

Or when Im watching a shytty movie I just assume m. Night shymalan made it

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
In for this but I'm actually more hyped for the new Vin Diesel xXx sequel. Fast 7 was a bit too long and kinda played out those characters (Mainly Tyrese and Luda's characters) to the point I'll be good not watching another F&F movie for at least the next 3 years.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Still no damn director? :wtf: :aicmon::francis: :lupe:

They wanted Ava, she said:camby: and F was on their shortlist but if he's really taking this on, there's no way he can do both so he's out too

Edit: Just found this on Collider.

The Wrap is now reporting that Gray, nor any other directors are being seriously considered by Marvel until they have a finished screenplay. The studio was close with DuVernay, but after she turned them down, they decided to wait until they had a script before going out to find a director.

Speaking of the script, The Wrap also reports that Marvel in-house screenwriter Joe Robert Cole is nearing a deal to write the screenplay for the movie. Cole is an African-American filmmaker who previously wrote and directed the 2011 indie thriller Amber Lake.

If Marvel is realigning their priorities to nail down a screenplay and just now hired a screenwriter, then we’ll have to be a little patient when it comes to finding out who will get the directing gig for Black Panther.