FX & Donald Glover present Atlanta Season 2: Atlanta Robbin' Season

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
man I swear I'm sitting here with a 4 piece chipotle krystal combo .

when teddy starting eating that egg I was like man wtf . I'm greedy too and I had to stop eating.
i tried to eat my breakfast to this episode and when i saw that egg being cracked and oozing after i had to commit that and head straight to work:scusthov:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Real talk this shyt was creepier than like every horror movie that came out this decade lol and this ain't even traditionally a horror show.
No but as Donald has said time and again it's his attempt at a black twin peaks. You've seen twin peaks, you know what that means :russ:

This episode feels more like twin peaks than any other one to date though

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
I will add more thoughts,daps,and reps later

But the idea to bring MJ back to life in a literal way of being a ghoul bothered me on so many levels it was unsettling it's like in my opinion Tupac became our version of Elvis after death where we talk about how he's still alive somewhere but for MJ it's like he's in some sort of pergatory I can't say it's a white vs black thing all the way through next summer it's ten years since he died and it's still weird to me how things were made in his image that wasn't him like that movie where the guy who played Voldemort plays him, those weird albums of songs he would have never released and I doubt he recorded some of, the weird circus theme thing in Las Vegas, another movie where he's played by a Indian man, and the fact that we saw his dead body

To me he's a tragic figure he's one of us and I could never call him a c00n but some things I will never understand unless I was him like the dealing with his family his father beating them and having kids living in the town, his brothers who hated him and two who have the same baby momma, the kids who only one I believe is his, the torture of celebrity, the Sony issue, the Pepsi burning him, the plastic surgery,the lupus, the vitiligo, those two cases a decade a part, being blackballed, losing the ability to sleep at night so the need to take sleeping aids even the crazy fact that he only wanted to do ten shows but they forced 40 more he was murdered multiple times

So basically if you hated him you got off of the episode and if you loved him then it was repulsive like I hope he's resting in peace but the idea of him not being able to is something I think I about

Two other rappers have dressed up in allusion to MJ young Thug and Tyler the Creator but every time they not only do "white Mike" but Wacko Jacko

The day MJ died the world stopped we hoped he would pull out or that it was a fake story but once it got confirmed he passed people were moving so many places I ended the night at the apollo in Harlem around fans we were warm from the love of his music and him the next day the wax museum had his figure out on the sidewalk but it was again white mike and of course you bought things with his face a lot of it bootleg but still anything of him we wanted and needed it everyone has a connection to him one of my prized items is a og vinyl of off the wall with my Father's writing on it

Few weeks later on what would have been his 51st birthday I was at a party for him in Brooklyn hosted by Spike Lee and others once again we felt the warmth

Others have died but it was different with MJ basically lol

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
The egg scene had me looking like :dahell::scusthov::wtf::scust:

Instantly thought of the Chappelle show skit with the dinosaur egg :laugh:

giphy.gif

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
He's at a point where people enjoy the show so much, the content doesn't really matter. He can make a full episode of 2 old white women sewing and it'd be nikkas loving it and breaking down it's symbolism.
nikkas finding fake symbolism in this episode and shyt :russ:

“The colored piano with blood signifies the pain black people go through when they are talented”:ohhh:

:russ:

Sn: I need proof that was donald playin ole dude

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Anyone have the gif of paperboi looking at himself in the car mirror and being like :picard:

Also the one where he is at spotify or whatever and says unenergetically "where all the real ones at?" before it cut to the dude eating the banana

:feedme::feedme::feedme:

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
for the first 30 or so seconds i thought Stanfield was also playing the Jacko dude. I was about to be in awe of dude's acting (already am) then i realized it was Glover, and was in awe of his.

I don't know why but I'm only now coming around on giving Donald Glover his proper due... i still kinda don't want to. Dude is a beast, but i don't want to admit it.

lol I noticed very early on, the voice was coming in and out in the beginning.