Gabon's military pulls coup d’état; Update: Coup fails

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Africa is a tinderbox lately more than usual I feel like. Just saw the alert.

Really worried about the DR Congo as well

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

It’s funny, I usually leave Al Jazeera on and as I doze in and out of sleep I see international fukkery. By like 4 something there was a coup, by 6ish them nikkaz was arrested.

Reminds me of how I woke up in the middle of the night to the Maidan Square protests in Kiev.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
It’s funny, I usually leave Al Jazeera on and as I doze in and out of sleep I see international fukkery. By like 4 something there was a coup, by 6ish them nikkaz was arrested.

Reminds me of how I woke up in the middle of the night to the Maidan Square protests in Kiev.
I was travelling yesterday and fukkery always happens when I'm on a damn plane :damn:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I was travelling yesterday and fukkery always happens when I'm on a damn plane :damn:

That’s lit, I’d love that as long as it didn’t affect me. Get off the plane at a transit stop and see the news on the big screen, be like :ehh: :hugohmm: and keep it pushing to the duty free and food court while reading more about it. :handrub:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Apparently this coup was thwarted with the help of French intelligence. Bongo has always been very close with them.

Makes sense, the Bongos have been working with France for awhile. But he’s in Morocco getting treatment for a stroke and still doesn’t look fit to lead. Military is split between pro and anti regime. Maybe the French might feel its best to get in front of the situation and find their next man in Gabon.