Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
Like I really wanna know how you can be on their side…
you shouldn't be on either side honestly.

rhaenyra is a whore, rhaenys is a mass murderer, daemon is a war criminal, and jace and luke are boring

meanwhile on the greens otto is a scheming snake, alicent is a karen, aegon is every bad name in the book, criston just fukking sucks,

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

rhaenyra is a whore, rhaenys is a mass murderer, daemon is a war criminal, and jace and luke are boring

meanwhile on the greens otto is a scheming snake, alicent is a karen, aegon is every bad name in the book, criston just fukking sucks,

Dem Feets tho :patrice:

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s not. The writers literally just wanted to give her a moment and I’m fine with that. It introduces that she’s actually a player with the dragons tho. Like having dragons ain’t for show, everyone who has one can get busy. That’s partially why they kidnapped her in the first place.
Oh so Rhaenys wasn’t even in kings landing when Viserys died in the books? Interesting.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
If you’re still team green after this episode, explain yourself.

Like I really wanna know how you can be on their side…

:patrice:

:gucci:DAEMON IS THE MOST
EVIL MUTHAfukkA ON THIS SHOW.

CELEBRATED THE DEATH
OF HIS NEPHEW.

MAIMED THE LOCALS
FOR shytS AND GIGGLES.

STOLE HIS DEAD NEPHEWS EGG
JUST TO ANTAGONIZE HIS BROTHER

GROOMED HIS OWN NIECE.

KILLED HIS WIFE.

HAD SEX WITH HIS NIECE
OVER HIS 2ND WIFES DEAD BODY.

KILLED 2 BLACK MEN
IN B2B WEEKS.

HASNT SAID A WORD
TO HIS DAUGHTERS IN
THEIR LAST 2 EPISODES.

YOURE NAIVE IF YOU
THINK HE WAS GONNA
LET HIS NEPHEWS LIVE....

KNOWING THIS...
OTTO IS NO DUMMY
AND DECIDED
TO STRIKE FIRST BUT
ALICENT BLOCKED IT.
:devil:
:evil:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

:gucci:DAEMON IS THE MOST
EVIL MUTHAfukkA ON THIS SHOW.

CELEBRATED THE DEATH
OF HIS NEPHEW.

MAIMED THE LOCALS
FOR shytS AND GIGGLES.

STOLE HIS DEAD NEPHEWS EGG
JUST TO ANTAGONIZE HIS BROTHER

GROOMED HIS OWN NIECE.

KILLED HIS WIFE.

HAD SEX WITH HIS NIECE
OVER HIS 2ND WIFES DEAD BODY.

KILLED 2 BLACK MEN
IN B2B WEEKS.

HASNT SAID A WORD
TO HIS DAUGHTERS IN
THEIR LAST 2 EPISODES.

YOURE NAIVE IF YOU
THINK HE WAS GONNA
LET HIS NEPHEWS LIVE....

KNOWING THIS...
OTTO IS NO DUMMY
AND DECIDED
TO STRIKE FIRST BUT
ALICENT BLOCKED IT.

And ep 1 there was legit almost a war started because of that stolen egg. Daemon is crazy

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Overall good episode and season sucks to see the season end as things were finally set in place.

I'm not sure what to think of this series. On one hand it humanizes these characters well and does a lot with people otherwise left as one note in the books. I think they did a great job casting once again.

On the other hand the showrunners feel mad out of touch with their approach to this show. The political fukkery makes this interesting but it's as if they have a checklist include a dragon, a sex scene and a murder in an episode no matter how sloppily handled. So much screentime was wasted on this kinda shyt especially earlier in the season like Rhanerya and Daemon's dragon encounter. This last episode was the ultimate example.

Rhaneys was stuck in a crowd, dressed in only a nightgown forced to watch the coronation with all the other common folk. Then her fukkin dragon appears from nowhere with her suddenly changed in armor and hundreds of common folks get killed so Rhaneys can have some inconsequential staredown and leave.

How did she get there? How can the dragon hear her call? How did she change clothes? A dumb plothole that will never be explained outside of "we wanted to give rhaneys a cool scene" who gives a fukk about that captain picard lookin ass bytch?? The scene was perfect and foreboding as is, this was a D&D style "subverting expectations" type of move which is a bad omen for the show long term.

Still its entertaining at least so im in for the next season. 7/10

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I think if Game of Thrones wasn't already a series, House of the Dragon would look much better.

To be clear, I do think House of the Dragon is a good show. But it will always be compared to its predecessor. And even Season 1 of Game of Thrones was noticeably better than Season 1 of House of the Dragon (even with the finale yet to come).

Regarding Episode 9 and other thoughts...

This episode was strange to me. First of all, they did an entire episode and opening sequence on the death of Daemon's wife Laena in Episode 7 "Driftmark" but when King Viserys dies they show 3 seconds of him being wrapped in this episode? You'd think a dead king would be this massive thing with a huge funeral. And alright, you can argue that this was necessary because keeping his death a secret while they plotted to install Aegon as king made sense. But to not even have any of his council grieving or viewing the body? I felt like they could have given Viserys a bit more respect and attention.

Also, am I just forgetting something but when did Viserys show that he didn't care about Aegon? Because why would Aegon suggest that before Alicent gave him the dagger?

And apparently you can just kill people on the council and nothing happens? Criston Cole can draw his sword against the Lord Commander of the Kings Watch and NOTHING HAPPENS?

This is such a strange season where I can understand why they did these time jumps but at the same time so many things feel unexplained or like they lacked a proper build-up. I'll also say that this show is really lacking in the story lines and characters compared to Game of Thrones. It feels much more centered around 1 question: Who will sit on the Iron Throne? Alicent/her children or Rhaenrya and hers? In contrast, Game of Thrones Season 1 had the threat of the White Walkers, Petr Baelish scheming for power, the Hound and his contempt for his brother The Mountain, Jon Snow's search for the truth about his mother, the family drama within the Lannisters, Robb Stark's war with the Lannisters, Viserys and Daenerys Targaryen and their hopes to get the Iron Throne....just lots of drama and story plots to follow. I feel like GoT S1 had so many more interesting things going on and more opportunities for the series to expand on. In contrast, what else are you concerned about with House of the Dragon? Maybe that Lord Corlys will re-appear after disappearing for no good reason? Maybe you think Daemon will stab Rhaenrya in the back and claim the throne for himself? I mean HotD had potential. But not nearly as much potential as GoT had.

Not yet, anyway.
Did the show cast aside Viserys or did the characters do that?

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
That feet shyt just came out of nowhere... did Tarantino write this episode?

Why didnt she just burn them all tho? Stupid asd decision. I know they have to drag it out for 4 seasons but why make the scene at all? Just film her escapeing and riding away on her dragon.
[
She lost her kids to some bullshyt and she knows the Alicent was trying to maneuver without getting messy. She probably doesn’t have the stomach to kill other people’s kids after losing hers. She also doesn’t owe Rhynerues the favor of doing her dirt for her.

If I was her I’d try to stay neutral. Look out for my bloodline by giving them fair warning then ride off in the sunsets.
/ISPOILER]

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side

Thats what i thought before the show but it seems that hbo wants you to favor Rhaenrya over Alicent, so far. We will have to see how it plays out next episode.

The show is hitting on all strides for me. I love the little changes in the story they have made for people who read it (and i do forget alot of little details) so even tho i know the big events im still on the edge of my seat. Ryan Condal and his team are killing it imo.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
nah he literally maimed them for crimes such as rape, assault, robbery…I’ll “give” you the rest tho

YOU DIDNT SEE ANY OF
THOSE PPL DO ANY OF
THOSE CRIMES
SO WE'RE JUST TAKING THE
SERIAL KILLER DAEMONS WORD.

FUNNY HOW THEY RANDOMLY
FOUND ALL THESE CRIMINALS
ON THE SAME NIGHT.