Gang of Four- Entertainment!

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
album-Gang-of-Four-Entertainment.jpg

Great Post-Punk album or the greatest Post-Punk album?

Inspired by the Pink Flag thread (Great Post-Punk album or the Greatest Post-Punk album?), let us discuss another classic of this era, and one of my personal favorite albums of all time.

The politics, Andy Gill's guitar sound, the rhythm section, everything about this is about as good as the genre gets. One of the very, very few albums I could give a 10/10 to and not feel any shame or regret about doing so.

I could listen to this for approximately forever.

If you want to listen to it.

Note: There's 2 minutes of silence after the second song ("Natural's Not In It"). Skip to 9:02 for the 3rd track.

Last edited by a moderator:

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I discovered Post Punk a few years ago, and this was one of the albums that was on steady rotation during that time. Glad you mentioned this, have to give it a listen. The second album, Gold I think it was called? was pretty good too, but Entertainment is THAT album!

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
I discovered Post Punk a few years ago, and this was one of the albums that was on steady rotation during that time. Glad you mentioned this, have to give it a listen. The second album, Gold I think it was called? was pretty good too, but Entertainment is THAT album!

Solid Gold. Had a deliberate, slower tempo to it, but was really on the level as well.

I had to write an article on it for another website, so I basically had it on rotation for a week straight. Never even came close to getting sick of either album.