Gay agenda here, almost like Canada

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Houston, with its left-leaning, openly gay mayor governing an influential conservative and evangelical base, is a city politically divided. That division has been made clear in recent days after the the city subpoenaed sermons of several pastors who oppose a recently passed equal rights ordinance for gay and transgender residents. The subpoenas are an attempt by city officials to determine how the preachers instructed their congregants in their push to get the law repealed....
Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott also issued a letter saying the city impinged on the pastors’ First Amendment rights and called for the subpoenas’ immediate reversal. “Whether you intend it to be so or not, your action is a direct assault on the religious liberty guaranteed by the First Amendment,” Abbott wrote to Feldman. “The people of Houston and their religious leaders must be absolutely secure in their knowledge that their religious affairs are beyond the reach of the government.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ho...enas-sermons-over-transgender-bill/ar-BB9DJy8

Canadian reverends do not have full freedom of religion. They have to comply with national laws regarding what they say about homosexuality. They consider anti-gay statements in a sermon to be akin to a hate crime. That looks like it is soon coming to the US. Freedom of religion is going to get murked.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Damn it's got to suck to have the fire turned on you like that. :mjcry: Eye for an eye aside that Equal Rights ordinance is bullshyt. One of the main talking points was co-ed bathrooms. As a member of the #UrineNation, a protectorate of the glorious Piss Empire, I would take no issue with this but the unisex bathrooms are for the benefit of transsexuals which begs the question; why not make new facilities for the transgender community?

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
Wow. I'm all for equality but not at the expense of the American rights we've been fighting for all along. Direct assault is correct. As long as people are tolerant of other 'sinners' and don't stop them from getting money, then there should not be a problem.

edit: even though I think the christian war on queerness is unnecessary. :mjlol:

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Some folks want to claim their religious beliefs dictate or condone racist behavior. Should they be allowed to engage in racial discrimination under "freedom of religion" rhetoric? It is no less legitimate than using religion as a guise for homophobia.

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'd intentionally :troll: her with a sermon and dare her to arrest me. Then sue the mess out of them.