Gears of War creator Cliff Bleszinski says series needs a God of War style reboot

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Someone tell this guy he’s washed up and needs to stop bringing back the glory years.

Gears as a franchise is done for anyway.
Idk if it’s “done for” but it’s definitely not gonna attract new fans if the series doesn’t evolve.

1 thing Gears has over other competitive shooters is that nothing else plays like it. But there’s a reason for that… Gears was revolutionary for its time but movement and gunplay aren’t smooth at all. That’s why mf’s online are still doing wall-bouncing and rolling shotgun battles almost 20 years later. Shyt got stale and feels old and outdated.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Idk if it’s “done for” but it’s definitely not gonna attract new fans if the series doesn’t evolve.

1 thing Gears has over other competitive shooters is that nothing else plays like it. But there’s a reason for that… Gears was revolutionary for its time but movement and gunplay aren’t smooth at all. That’s why mf’s online are still doing wall-bouncing and rolling shotgun battles almost 20 years later. Shyt got stale and feels old and outdated.
They can start again God of war style but that’s also a gamble and I don’t think Cliffy B should be anywhere near it

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
They can start again God of war style but that’s also a gamble and I don’t think Cliffy B should be anywhere near it
After Lawbreakers flopped, I don’t think he should be near any AAA budget game series

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Cliffy B the Dame Dash of gaming. :dame:
200.gif

Make another gears or STFU :scusthov:

:picard:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

I somewhat agree.

The meta in later games favored rifles heavily. Shots out to the GoW 3 Hammerburst. :banderas: And one of the best things Cliff did was adding load out weapons to counter bs Mexican gnasher play. The coalition ruined that meta with split tuning and removing weapons. As for wall bouncing this is area that should’ve been overhauled. Sliding should’ve been replaced some kind of dynamic movement system, instead of bouncing a wall kick or a “GROUNDED” parkour mechanic.

That ability to see a gun and react quickly enough to kick off a wall or slide into are some of the most satisfying moments in gears. The Coalition was just incompetent when it came to innovation.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
What's interesting is, if you think about it. God of War had a Gears of War makeover. Sony put Kratos on the same HGH as Marcus Fenix, and thus God of War went from having fast and fluid gameplay to slow and scripted gameplay with more cutscenes.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
What's interesting is, if you think about it. God of War had a Gears of War makeover. Sony put Kratos on the same HGH as Marcus Fenix, and thus God of War went from having fast and fluid gameplay to slow and scripted gameplay with more cutscenes.
As somebody who loves both franchises, you are spot on.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
I mean yeah
in its current form, the series has reached its apex
Even if Uncharted returned, I would hope for some evolution
And its a hard pill to swallow :dame: but our favorite creatives run out of steam eventually
Here's looking at you, Kojima :francis: