Generation X is paying the price for selling their soul to Lucifer for crack money

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I gotta admit.....a lot of people from Gen X that I know are massive underacvhcievers. Hell, people from Gen Y already surpassed them in education and getting their priorities straight. :hubie:

That street shyt from the 90s and early 00s ate them up and they burnt out.

Laidbackman

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I know exactly what the OP is talking about. I was right before Gen X, on the tail end of the Baby Boomers. To me, although I know they flooded the hood with drugs way back in the 80's and 90's, it sometimes feels like Gen X never ended. You have some of these Millennial's thinking they have it worst than Gen X, and I do see why they would feel that way after 2008. But I still remember what happened in the 80's and 90's, and the rise in felony drug charges, and prison sentences, and the beginning of the three strikes you're out rule, and the beginning of stiffer sentence for crack cocaine over powder cocaine, etc..., and worst of all, the body count.

Although brothers still had their free will, I will never put Gen X's shortcomings only on the brothers, as though the sisters of Gen X didn't have their own free will as well. A lot of these sisters made poor choices by dealing, or even for procreating with the wrong type, by passing up good brothers. A lot of them saw those drug dealers driving those nice cars, and making big money selling dope, and they got with these brothers for the thrill. I remember dating this Hampton University sister in the mid 80's, who almost sounded like she was proud that she once dealt with a drug dealer, and how she use to see his suitcase full of cash. You know we didn't last too long. This was the first time I ever heard of a college girl giving a straight-up knuckled head time of day. In the 70's, a good girl wouldn't even give a brother time of day for listening to rap when it first came out, or for smoking weed. As far as rap, a lot of those brothers started off singing about what they were seeing, which was a lot of drug dealing, a lot of drug using, a lot of murders, a lot of police brutality, a lot of skeezing, and a lot of booty shaking.

Anyway, I've known brothers who died, or got felons and never recovered, as a result of what took place in the 80's and 90's. But most of the sisters I know who sold their bodies and hit the streets, were able to bounce back, and at least get a job bagging groceries. I'm not saying all sisters bounce back, but most of the ones I know did, even my next door neighbor who got shot...but she did lose her baby. The little brother in the house on the other side of me, lost his life, after I practically raised him into sports. Although our Black leaders like to blame the Black men for everything, I will not blame one gender, especially brothers, who get the worst end of the stick. Everybody is accountable for their own decisions, That's nature's law. I never could get with that blaming a brother on one side of the country who doesn't even listen to rap, because a sister sold her body, who lived somewhere on the other side of the country, and the brother never even knew her. I know some of you may think I'm reaching, but I use to hear sisters on line actually trying to argue things like this, and blaming the brothers. Talking about not feeling accountable or responsible for your own choices. I remember not long ago, Black leaders were even blaming brothers when that White man won child support from Halle Berry's sold out butt. I think Olivia Pope woke brothers up, at least most of them. Anyway, with those Black leaders, or Black people with a voice, selling us out in the 90's, no wonder sisters stop feeling accountable for their own choices.

Like someone already said in this thread, the White man got rich off of our free labor, and set us free without our 40 archers and a mule. Then they took back everything we gained during reconstruction, and forced us back on the farms or into ghettos, etc.... Although we have our own free will, the White man is still at the root of our bad decisions as a group.

Last edited:

Milomann

Banned
Supporter
Daps
DrX is on the loose again...
tenor.gif

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I know exactly what the OP is talking about. I was right before Gen X, on the tail end of the Baby Boomers. To me, although I know they flooded the hood with drugs way back in the 80's and 90's, it sometimes feels like Gen X never ended. You have some of these Millennial's thinking they have it worst than Gen X, and I do see why they would feel that way after 2008. But I still remember what happened in the 80's and 90's, and the rise in felony drug charges, and prison sentences, and the beginning of the three strikes you're out rule, and the beginning of stiffer sentence for crack cocaine over powder cocaine, etc..., and worst of all, the body count.

Although brothers still had their free will, I will never put Gen X's shortcomings only on the brothers, as though the sisters of Gen X didn't have their own free will as well. A lot of these sisters made poor choices by dealing, or even for procreating with the wrong type, by passing up good brothers. A lot of them saw those drug dealers driving those nice cars, and making big money selling dope, and they got with these brothers for the thrill. I remember dating this Hampton University sister in the mid 80's, who almost sounded like she was proud that she once dealt with a drug dealer, and how she use to see his suitcase full of cash. You know we didn't last too long. This was the first time I ever heard of a college girl giving a straight-up knuckled head time of day. In the 70's, a good girl wouldn't even give a brother time of day for listening to rap when it first came out, or for smoking weed. As far as rap, a lot of those brothers started off singing about what they were seeing, which was a lot of drug dealing, a lot of drug using, a lot of murders, a lot of police brutality, a lot of skeezing, and a lot of booty shaking.

Anyway, I've known brothers who died, or got felons and never recovered, as a result of what took place in the 80's and 90's. But most of the sisters I know who sold their bodies and hit the streets, were able to bounce back, and at least get a job bagging groceries. I'm not saying all sisters bounce back, but most of the ones I know did, even my next door neighbor who got shot...but she did lose her baby. The little brother in the house on the other side of me, lost his life, after I practically raised him into sports. Although our Black leaders like to blame the Black men for everything, I will not blame one gender, especially brothers, who get the worst end of the stick. Everybody is accountable for their own decisions, That's nature's law. I never could get with that blaming a brother on one side of the country who doesn't even listen to rap, because a sister sold her body, who lived somewhere on the other side of the country, and the brother never even knew her. I know some of you may think I'm reaching, but I use to hear sisters on line actually trying to argue things like this, and blaming the brothers. Talking about not feeling accountable or responsibly for your own choices. I remember not long ago, Black leaders were even blaming brothers when that White man won child support from Halle Berry's sold out butt. I think Olivia Pope woke brothers up, at least most of them. Anyway, with those Black leaders, or Black people with a voice, selling us out in the 90's, no wonder sisters stop feeling accountable for their own choices.

Like someone already said in this thread, the White man got rich off of our free labor, and set us free without our forty archers and a mule, or anything else, and forced us into ghettos, etc.... Although we have our own free will, the White man is still at the root of are bad decisions as a group.
Good post. I'm a Gen-Xer, although at the tail end of it (1977).

I would also like to point out that the Baby Boomer generation didn't pickup and keep the movement going after MLK and Malcolm X were assassinated.

Gen-Xers were still very young and some were kids during the crack era. The older generation during that time has to take some of the blame.

Just because crack is laid at your doorstep, doesn't mean to have to sell it or smoke it.

Out of my whole generation of cousins, male or female, I'm like the only one who hasn't been locked up before.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
So wait, a whole generation is paying for the actions of a few?? Most gen Xers I know - my mother included (dad is a boomer) were in college, working and starting or raising families in the 80s and 90s. Yet THEIR children deserve some kind of 'karma' for shyt even their parents didn't do?

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
All these fat old dusty generation X nikkas look all depressed and lonely but its the result of selling their souls to satan in exchange for money, materialistic items and other vanity. They're old, uneducated and skilless. All they can do is work their dead end job or walk around carrying plastic bags while rocking some 5XL hoody and baggy southpole jeans.

They peaked to early instead of living slow and taking thir time and building. Now the hood is being gentrified after they destroyed it battling for blocks , selling dope to their people and totally mistreating Gen X black women. Now the hood is unprotected ,totally economically destitute and anybody move in and do what they what.

Some of the once bloodiest blocks have hipster owned establishments. Gen X nikkas died for those corners only for Todd to ride his bike and Mary to walk her poodle passed some R.I.P lil man mural sprayed on a brick wall nonchalantly. Lil man was once a larger than life figure . Gold rollies, the baddest women and and now his memory is just a name on a wall.

The hood will be no more eventually. It was sold out by some of our most famous street superstars.

Gen X biggest punishment is their children. Karma isn't about what comes back to you. Its about what comes back to your family. Your kids lives are a direct result of your decisions. So when they see their daughters stripping or sucking some creepy white guy dikk or their son selling Reggie for rent money all they can do is watch quietly from the shadows. They're cursed consciously knowing their sins are unfolding before their eyes. Its a perpetual hell that they cant escape. All they can do is block it out but the liquor and weed wont cure those demons inside.

The thing about Satan is. He always comes back to collect. Nothing is free. Once you sign that contract. Thats it. Its for life.
Not all of us sold crack :hhh:
Smoking weed tho:francis:

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
All these fat old dusty generation X nikkas look all depressed and lonely but its the result of selling their souls to satan in exchange for money, materialistic items and other vanity. They're old, uneducated and skilless. All they can do is work their dead end job or walk around carrying plastic bags while rocking some 5XL hoody and baggy southpole jeans.

They peaked to early instead of living slow and taking thir time and building. Now the hood is being gentrified after they destroyed it battling for blocks , selling dope to their people and totally mistreating Gen X black women. Now the hood is unprotected ,totally economically destitute and anybody move in and do what they what.

Some of the once bloodiest blocks have hipster owned establishments. Gen X nikkas died for those corners only for Todd to ride his bike and Mary to walk her poodle passed some R.I.P lil man mural sprayed on a brick wall nonchalantly. Lil man was once a larger than life figure . Gold rollies, the baddest women and and now his memory is just a name on a wall.

The hood will be no more eventually. It was sold out by some of our most famous street superstars.

Gen X biggest punishment is their children. Karma isn't about what comes back to you. Its about what comes back to your family. Your kids lives are a direct result of your decisions. So when they see their daughters stripping or sucking some creepy white guy dikk or their son selling Reggie for rent money all they can do is watch quietly from the shadows. They're cursed consciously knowing their sins are unfolding before their eyes. Its a perpetual hell that they cant escape. All they can do is block it out but the liquor and weed wont cure those demons inside.

The thing about Satan is. He always comes back to collect. Nothing is free. Once you sign that contract. Thats it. Its for life.

You're right, especially about the bolded part. But the decline didn't begin with that generation. They were only the product of the neglect of the generations before them. As much as crack destroyed the Black community, it wasn't worse than the free and legal access to white women that nikkas always wanted. It wasn't worse than the affirmative action and integration that nikkas always dreamed of.

And the educational levels of the younger generations don't even matter because that's not going to save you, especially with the lack of racial awareness I see among the young. This is really troubling going into the times we are, because this generation might even be a little worse.

Crack was the perfect storm, nobody was prepared for that because it coincided with the deindustrialization of the inner cities and the introduction of legislation that allowed white people to legally destroy the Black family unit.

Youngsters today haven't learned those lessons, and are more drugged out than ever before. Back then there was at least some racial awareness and cohesiveness, and we still had the Elders to inform and attempt to guide us.

What do we have today? Umar? Tariq? Yvette?

As a people, we might be at the lowest we've been in some time.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:wow: