Geoff Johns Is Now Running DC Entertainment (TV/Films/Books etc.)

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
As well as his old job as CCO

CONFIRMED: Geoff Johns Is Now President As Well As Chief Creative Officer Of DC Entertainment - Heroic Hollywood

Earlier today Bleeding Cool ran the following story about Geoff Johns being recently promoted to President of DC Entertainment as well as Chief Creative Officer…

Apparently, this promotion happened a few months ago when his responsibilities were extended to co-running the DC film slate with Warner Bros studio’s Jon Berg, during the Batman V Superman fallout.

They just didn’t think to tell anyone.

He’s still listed as Chief Creative Officer on DC Comics’ indicia, including comic books out tomorrow

You can see the current movie direction for Justice League and Wonder Woman as seen at San Diego Comic-Con as directly down to Geoff Johns, and his promotion from a mere CCO to P&CCO reflects this.

Although DC Entertainment declined to comment for this story when pressed, I was able to confirm the promotion through my own sourcing and it is indeed true!

Geoff Johns is not only Chief Creative Officer of DC Entertainment but President as well.

It’s the smart move on Warners part. You can see Geoff Johns fingerprints all over the upcoming DC Films slate. Geoff Johns has complete creative control on the upcoming standalone Batman film with director Ben Affleck who recently made comments to DC All Access about working with Johns.

Geoff Johns is a brilliant guy. I consider him to be the most valued resource on all things comic book, and every time I like something in the comic I always mention it he’s like oh yeah I wrote that. Now I just think he’s bulls******* me and he says he wrote everything. You know he and I are working together on something and I really am excited about it, and I love him, he’s the best.

John also has screenplay credit on the upcoming Wonder Woman and co-wrote the treatment for Aquaman with James Wan. Will Beall was recently hired to script Aquamanbased off Johns & Wan’s treatment. As you can see, the Justice League is indeed in good hands.

:dead: Geoff Johns kicked in the door like

giphy.gif

Marc G. about to get bodied off Arrow :blessed:

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Johns did fukk up DC comics, so can't really say this is a good thing.
Maybe if this pulls him away from the day to day it might work out

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah after New 52 ruined everything.
Rebirth still is questionable to me.

People forget how much Johns was involved with the New 52. Flashpoint was all him. Rebirth was him fixing a lot of mistakes that came from that move, directly and indirectly. Props to him tho. So far it looks like Rebirth is working.

He's also responsible for one of the greatest Green Lantern runs of all-time tho (Sinestro War and Blackest Night are up there with the GOAT event sagas too imo). That character wouldn't be shyt in comics if not for what he did. Built up aquaman too. So I still give him benefit of the doubt.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
People forget how much Johns was involved with the New 52. Flashpoint was all him. Rebirth was him fixing a lot of mistakes that came from that move, directly and indirectly. Props to him tho. So far it looks like Rebirth is working.

He's also responsible for one of the greatest Green Lantern runs of all-time tho (Sinestro War and Blackest Night are up there with the GOAT event sagas too imo). That character wouldn't be shyt in comics if not for what he did. Built up aquaman too. So I still give him benefit of the doubt.

I loved what he did with the Sinestro Wars, Blackest Night as well.
Hell I even have a soft spot for Brightest Day.
That what made New 52 all the worse to me.

He had DC going in the right direction, brought Barry back, had Hal straight, made GLC viable again, expanded the universe and had things going good (barring Batman IMHO) and threw it away for no reason whatsoever.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
As well as his old job as CCO

:mjlol: at WB silently kicking that chick to the curb

:dead: Geoff Johns kicked in the door like

giphy.gif

Marc G. about to get bodied off Arrow :blessed:
You mean Diane Nelson?

I always wondered why she had that job in the first place? I remember in an interview she said that making a Wonder Woman movie was difficult because WW was too hard or tricky:heh::snoop:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Terrible pick. Johns is too much of a mark for his own ideas to pull this off. You need someone who is knowledgeable of the comic stuff, sure, but that someone also needs to be respectful of it and not just start pushing his own stories like the way he tried to shoe-horn the Sinestro Corps shyt into the Green Lantern movie that was barely establishing the GL Corps itself.