Georgia Tech/Paul Johnson/Triple Option Offense Appreciation Thread

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Damn, I didn’t know that. The basketball team used to bring in elite players all the time though. I know Marbury and Will Bynum weren’t taking calculus and lab science :usure: Did they change the academic standards recently?

Marbs didn't goto class 3rd quarter (when he would have had to take it). He declared for the draft.

I believe that @iamstr8fire or @Mr Hate Coffee or @The_Sheff had some of the hoops dudes in their classes. I just missed Marbs since I delayed my admission by a year.

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

Yogi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marbs didn't goto class 3rd quarter (when he would have had to take it). He declared for the draft.

I believe that @iamstr8fire or @Mr Hate Coffee or @The_Sheff had some of the hoops dudes in their classes. I just missed Marbs since I delayed my admission by a year.
Man, so they wouldn’t have even made concessions for Starbury. It would be cool if they at least eased up a little bit like Norte Dame and Stanford. Y’all are smack dab in the middle of a recruiting goldmine and located in a city that attracts black people from all over. Tech could really be a monster if they wanted to.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Alex Carrick

This channel has tech games cut down to just offensive plays. Really entertaining to watch.

Seeing how Venables gameplans for the flexbone is a thing of beauty. Clemson shuts that shyt down completely.

Holy shyt this is gold. Good looking out.

I LOVE this offense. Seriously love it. There can't be a more helpless feeling on the field than lining up across from a TO that's working. Like Rekka said above, the one thing that would help this offense immensely is being able to consistently hit the deep throw. Problem is when a QB can actually throw, he's steered away from an offense like this. Watching the QBs at the service academies trying to hit that throw is brutal.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Man, so they wouldn’t have even made concessions for Starbury. It would be cool if they at least eased up a little bit like Norte Dame and Stanford. Y’all are smack dab in the middle of a recruiting goldmine and located in a city that attracts black people from all over. Tech could really be a monster if they wanted to.

Nobody escapes breh. We've had these nikkaz in our classes with the :mjcry: fam.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Makes you appreciate what Bobby Ross did there back in the day with a partial national championship.

I was actually pulling for Paul Johnson to coach UNC since the job was open the same time we was looking at Butch Davis. I wasn't convinced that we could get Butch, and I'd heard that with his North Carolina ties, he would have loved to coach in his home state. It's not a popular opinion but I think he's have done ok here.

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
Makes you appreciate what Bobby Ross did there back in the day with a partial national championship.

I was actually pulling for Paul Johnson to coach UNC since the job was open the same time we was looking at Butch Davis. I wasn't convinced that we could get Butch, and I'd heard that with his North Carolina ties, he would have loved to coach in his home state. It's not a popular opinion but I think he's have done ok here.
Butch Davis had some ballers on UNC before the sanctions, I remember Greg Little & Robert Quinn

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
We're at a disadvantage regardless because we don't have basket weaving majors and that 100% of all students have to take calculus and lab science. Even Duke and the Stanfords of the world have liberal arts majors and shyt for athletes. And they don't require calculus. It is what it is :mjcrygt:
Is it the same calc that engineers have to take, or is it like a "wink,wink, nod" type?

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
if any of you c00ns wanna try your luck with a bad foreign then take a walk around Tech's campus if you ever visit Atlanta.

Elementary school I used to work at was right next to Tech, and we had field days and assemblies on their campus. Ive saw plenty of bad ass Indian and asian bytches walking around there but they not my type

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Butch Davis had some ballers on UNC before the sanctions, I remember Greg Little & Robert Quinn

Yeah, I had heard rumors of us getting Butch but I didn't take them too seriously. The law firm I worked at at the time, a few of the partners were well connected in the Rams Club, and I overheard them casually talking by my office one day. Talking bout "We reached out to Butch, and he might be interested" I poked my head out and was like "Butch.... DAVIS?" The three of them was like :myman: "yup.... you should start hearing things in a couple weeks" A few weeks later I was watching the report on the TV in the breakroom, and one of those same lawyers came in like "yup, we got him".... Shame he had to go out like that; he might have positioned us well for a few years. As it stands now part of his legacy is that he could never beat State

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
if any of you c00ns wanna try your luck with a bad foreign then take a walk around Tech's campus if you ever visit Atlanta.

Elementary school I used to work at was right next to Tech, and we had field days and assemblies on their campus. Ive saw plenty of bad ass Indian and asian bytches walking around there but they not my type
:picard:

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
i made so much paper that orange bowl where they shytted on the Gators. :mjlol:
never seen steve spurrier look that helpless. every time nebraska broke off a 30-yard run he was like
npvqO.gif
:mjlol: