GGG vs Kell Brook September 10th R.I.P Kell Brook/Chocolatito-Cuadras & JSK-Kamegai 2

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
Of all the guys GGG has faced, a mediocre WW (according to the ring brehs) made him look human? :francis:
Other than Ouma imo..Maybe I need to go back & watch some his other fights but Brook gave GGG a more tougher fight than those other MW's he had fought..Jacobs said it himself in the 24/7 episode that his camp was watching that fight & felt like Kell exposed him

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Other than Ouma imo..Maybe I need to go back & watch some his other fights but Brook gave GGG a more tougher fight than those other MW's he had fought..Jacobs said it himself in the 24/7 episode that his camp was watching that fight & felt like Kell exposed him

Brook (with Ouma) being GGG's liveliest opponent so far and the fact that the then considered top 5 MW, Geale was slumped by Cotto in the same fashion as he was by Golovkin really puts a huge price tag on the middleweight division of the recent years... Now it's starting to heat up thanks to new prospects and 154 fighters migrating up but it was a complete shyt during Golovkin's era so far.

People don't criticize Golovkin's resume because of hating. Some people maybe do it because of that too idk... but that critic is legit.

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Wait...so you in here calling Kell brook a mediocre WW, but you wanna argue on his behalf in the OG thread?:jbhmm:
He's mediocre according to the ring brehs i said. . . eg. You and spence stans . . I think hes a top 3 WW.

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
Brook (with Ouma) being GGG's liveliest opponent so far and the fact that the then considered top 5 MW, Geale was slumped by Cotto in the same fashion as he was by Golovkin really puts a huge price tag on the middleweight division of the recent years... Now it's starting to heat up thanks to new prospects and 154 fighters migrating up but it was a complete shyt during Golovkin's era so far.

People don't criticize Golovkin's resume because of hating. Some people maybe do it because of that too idk... but that critic is legit.
Yea I'm somewhere in between..He has rare power & is a legit fighter but at the same time it's not like he's been beating up on prime Sergio Martinez, Pavlik's before he was ruined & Dmitry Pirog before the back injury

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Yea I'm somewhere in between..He has rare power & is a legit fighter but at the same time it's not like he's been beating up on prime Sergio Martinez, Pavlik's before he was ruined & Dmitry Pirog before the back injury
I think he is a very good fighter but even with that he is overrated by the media and his fans.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Cotto slumped a weight drained zombie Geale at 157 that already been destroyed by GGG at 160. Those 2 wins aren't equal at all.

That's like saying Clottey fought the same Corrales Floyd fought. :mjlol:

Brook isn't mediocre at all and was a top 5 welterweight when he fought Golovkin. He had some great moments, but he didn't expose shyt. If anything he showed us that most athletic welterweights are faster than middleweights and will punch in combination. He won 1 or 2 rounds and got walked down and beaten up afterwards. Before that fight, Brooks only real shaky moment came against Carson Jones in the 1st fight. Porter was his best win, other than he fought a lot of C- minus euro nikkas.

A past it Ouma is the only person I saw competitive with GGG for a decent amount of the fight and actually win 2-3 clear rounds. Golovkin said he was sick for that fight, but it's up to you to believe him or not. With that said he still showed chinks in his armor.

Jacobs is the best fighter GGG will have ever faced in his pro career if we talking about (prime, skills, size, and threat level) This is the moment his stans and detractors have been waiting for. I look at it as a B+ guy fighting a A level guy if we talking about overall skill, talent, and eye test. Fights like these are where you can truly gauge how good someone is.

I rather see how this plays out before I shyt on either guy. :manny:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Re watching this..Golovkin hits like a truck but Brook made him look human..Don't understand why he didn't go to the body more

If Danny hits him with any of the shots Kell hit him with it's a wrap
Here is the big problem with that argument, Brook was a WW moving up, so he had a speed advantage vs. GGG that no other MW can duplicate, but Brook's undoing was he also was a WW and his size failed him in the end.

Jacobs is a hell of a fighter and I root for him outside of this fight. He my have a hand speed advantage vs. GGG, but he cant just duplicate it in the way Brook did, because Brook has the hand speed, foot speed, and head movement of a WW.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Here is the big problem with that argument, Brook was a WW moving up, so he had a speed advantage vs. GGG that no other MW can duplicate, but Brook's undoing was he also was a WW and his size failed him in the end.

Jacobs is a hell of a fighter and I root for him outside of this fight. He my have a hand speed advantage vs. GGG, but he cant just duplicate it in the way Brook did, because Brook has the hand speed, foot speed, and head movement of a WW.

and to be fair Jacobs struggled against Ishe more than GGG did against Brook.

granted Jacobs was a fringe contender at the time and smith was a seasoned pro, the size difference was just as big.

I don't think nobody would say Ishe was ever better than Brook, although he's a solid boxer in his own right.