Ghana's love affair with reggae and Jamaican Patois

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
How the hell African Americans get brought up in a thread about the connection between Ghana-Jamaica is beyond me.

AAs truely are the measuring stick
Then we accused of having “main character syndrome”.

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
Maybe I am not understanding what you are stating but America is not a Black Country. African Americans cultural impact is second to none Worldwide, because America itself is so visible and African Americans played a massive role in America's development.

Jamaican influence in Ghana is not surprising, because alot of Akan people were taken to Jamaica during the slavery era. So a lot of the culture practices and cultural influence stayed intact.
Preach

AA culture = globally worldwide influence. Hip Hop is the most listened and imitated black art form of all time. From the fashion to the lingo it's everywhere.

Toronto and UK = Jamaican/Caribbean. Patois revolutionized the lingo plus a lot of Afrobeats sound like Dancehall.

France = mostly Congolese lol. When you visit Paris, you'll hear and see a lot of Congolese ndombolo/slang/dances. This is also due to the influence of Fally Ipupa

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
Preach

AA culture = globally worldwide influence. Hip Hop is the most listened and imitated black art form of all time. From the fashion to the lingo it's everywhere.

Toronto and UK = Jamaican/Caribbean. Patois revolutionized the lingo plus a lot of Afrobeats sound like Dancehall.

France = mostly Congolese lol. When you visit Paris, you'll hear and see a lot of Congolese ndombolo/slang/dances. This is also due to the influence of Fally Ipupa

How do we know most black Africans in France are Congolese?

nullnullnullnull

Peace ✌🏿
Daps
Same in Zimbabwe. Rasta imagery and dancehall vibes are the big thing rn. House, rap, jazz and Afro-Cuban derived music are less popular but have a presence.

Zimbabwean dancehall music is sometimes called “mangoma” which means hard-hitting drums or big drums.

The genre is primarily sung in Shona but there are artists from other ethnic groups joining the wave. Personally, Zim-dancehall/mangoma doesn’t touch me. I prefer Afro-fusion, zim rhumba and other local styles but dancehall and reggae have been huge for a while. Bob Marley visited Zim during independence celebrations in 1980. He even has a song called Zimbabwe. Interesting stuff.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
Ghana and Jamaica have too much in common..
Ghana also banning gay nonsense same as Jamaica..which I understand is refusing to grant a US diplomats partner with a Visa because they a faq :mjlol:

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
Zimbabwe, Ghana, Kenya and Uganda love dancehall and reggae mad. Funny thing was when I was growing up kenya and Tanzania produced mostly rappers since we its really difficult to deejay in swahili as opposed to Uganda which was the dancehall hub and produced a lot of deejays who did the thing in Luganda flawlessly.