Albums Ghostface Killah - Set The Tone (Guns & Roses) (Discussion Thread)

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Features look crazy in a good and bad way at the same time...

Thought the track with NaS was cool but didn't feel the Remi Ma one so my expectations are reserved for the overall product, hope he pulls it off though...

Funcrusher

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish I could be more excited for this, but Ghost hasn't sounded like his heart was in it since Wizard of Poetry. From production, voice, flow, lyrics and just general direction, it hasn't been there for a long time.
Luckily his career before that is legendary and there's more than enough classic shyt from him to listen to.

TezMilli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD via Brick City
I wish I could be more excited for this, but Ghost hasn't sounded like his heart was in it since Wizard of Poetry. From production, voice, flow, lyrics and just general direction, it hasn't been there for a long time.
Luckily his career before that is legendary and there's more than enough classic shyt from him to listen to.
You're right. It went downhill when he released the video below:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I don't mind the voice, he's mid 50's, so you expect it. I do think his lyrics, and flow and direction has been off. And I'm one that bought Ghostface Killahs.

However, there are times when he is really spitting in vintage form. That Knicks freestyle, that Joy Denalane track, a few sporadic guest appearances....but only on tracks that are more of his soulful vibe.