Albums Ghostface Killah - Set The Tone (Guns & Roses) (Discussion Thread)

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
As a Ghost fan, I just want to say thank yall for sparing me. I didn't hear about the album until it dropped.

The timing kind of threw me off and I threw it on the back burner till I could dedicate some time to it.

I'm straight on being totally consumed by another project for a while. I'll probably play SC, IR or FS before I touch this joint.

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
I tried to like the album, but only liked the same handful of tracks everyone one else mentioned. I don't think its awful its about a 3 out of 5.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Not a terrible album but not up to Ghost standards. The style of getting on a lot of these rnb style flips and even reggae joints just don't come off well on this album.

Big ghost fan but this album is mid imo. Would have been a stronger album if it was shorter imo.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
I'mma Ghost Stan and I gotta admit I am NOT feeling these beats compared to what I know can be, with shyt like this.

This is the bar I got mentally set when I hear Nas/Ghost on a track. I want a beat that can elevate that weight not just simply support it.
Certain tracks might grow on me through herb soaked listening sessions, but right now I'm appreciative but not ecstatic at this.​

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Listened to this about three times and I mess with the Meth, AZ, Ja Rule, Raekwon, and Nas tracks. Everything else is very underwhelming. It either just sounds very dated, or flat out bad.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
I KNEW that that Nas/Wu-Tang would produce some type of music but had no idea Nas was really politicking and got Ghost on Mass Appeal. Thats a BIG get for the label.

I remember when haters use to clown Nas business acumen. Now he signing the legends he came up with. Incredible
Mass Appeal is owned by:

Peter Bittenbender - jew

Which is really a boutique label of Sony (who've always owned Nas) fronting as an indy, through a distribution deal with The Orchard Ent. which is owned by:

Richard Gottehrer - jew
Scott Cohen - jew

that is a subsidiary of Sony Records.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mass Appeal is owned by:

Peter Bittenbender - jew

Which is really a boutique label of Sony (who've always owned Nas) fronting as an indy, through a distribution deal with The Orchard Ent. which is owned by:

Richard Gottehrer - jew
Scott Cohen - jew

that is a subsidiary of Sony Records.

Mass Appeal Rcords, not to be confused with Mass Appeal media company, is not a boutique label of Sony. All they have is a partnership. Nas himself is completely independent.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Mass Appeal Rcords, not to be confused with Mass Appeal media company, is not a boutique label of Sony. All they have is a partnership. Nas himself is completely independent.
Ok buddy

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
:wtf:

1CqLEN.gif

GeeEffKay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually mess with this more than I thought I would aside from those unnecessary rnb joints.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Dope album… I’d only remove 2 tracks(both on vinyl be roses side), impressive