Albums Ghostface Killah - Set The Tone (Guns & Roses) (Discussion Thread)

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I been saying this for a bit now in general and that’s with Ghost being my favorite artist and always in my rotation. There isn’t any reason to ever have anything mid. Ghost and Wu in general are legends and there is a ton of dope unknown talent. It’s just like alot of them (or their team) don’t even try and it’s very disappointing as a lifelong fan. Cap shouldn’t have ever had terrible album covers. Ghost shouldn’t have mid beats. All it takes is one person on the team to dig a little bit.

They don't care. They only put out music to generate income. It's juat a job at this point because they feel like they've done enough for their legacy and in today's climate no one really cares what old rappers are doing. As long as they have enough diehard fans who will buy their music regardless of quality that's no reason for them to put in effort to be great.

They can put out mid and do some shows in Europe :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I been saying this for a bit now in general and that’s with Ghost being my favorite artist and always in my rotation. There isn’t any reason to ever have anything mid. Ghost and Wu in general are legends and there is a ton of dope unknown talent. It’s just like alot of them (or their team) don’t even try and it’s very disappointing as a lifelong fan. Cap shouldn’t have ever had terrible album covers. Ghost shouldn’t have mid beats. All it takes is one person on the team to dig a little bit.

Although I like this beat I feel like Nas gave everybody 40+ whose MCing and got a name the blueprint with his work with Hit-Boy. I know top tier producers don’t come cheap but i’m assuming Ghost could easily link up with lets say Daringer and knock out a dope full length album.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Although I like this beat I feel like Nas gave everybody 40+ whose MCing and got a name the blueprint with his work with Hit-Boy. I know top tier producers don’t come cheap but i’m assuming Ghost could easily link up with lets say Daringer and knock out a dope full length album.
Nas definitely set the blueprint. Nas sounds so crisp compared to others from his era. Good to see all of them still rapping though.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually waiting for this big time, he actually still sounds good. What I do dislike however (talking to you Nas) is the "biiiiiiig announcement WOOOOOOOO brand new SINGLE for the ALBUM perhaps coming later this year awwwwwwwww yeah!!!!!"

lol i know these guys are old as fukk but so are longtime listeners who have had to adapt to modern rollouts and release schedules. You guys aint singles artists, papa. give us a one week announcement and the body of work
Nas just gave us 6 albums with no lead time. The pressure this Premo album will have he knows to let it marinate.

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
They don't care. They only put out music to generate income. It's juat a job at this point because they feel like they've done enough for their legacy and in today's climate no one really cares what old rappers are doing. As long as they have enough diehard fans who will buy their music regardless of quality that's no reason for them to put in effort to be great.

They can put out mid and do some shows in Europe :yeshrug:

Nas definitely set the blueprint. Nas sounds so crisp compared to others from his era. Good to see all of them still rapping though.

My hope is that this Mass Appeal deal and his connection to Nas will rub off And Ghost can realize it’s possible to have a whole other wave even as a legacy artist. Nas’ run with Hitboy should be a wake up to a lot of artists we grew up with. You don’t have to change but there is a level of growth that has to still happen.

FrankieLymon757

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Ghost keep a white boy on the team...whether Remedy or Sean Wigs or M-80...shyt the producer of his last album was Italian..Mike caiazzo...he did that bs christmas ep too....all yes men imo...they scared to say Ghost ur shyt is wack bro or maybe Ghost like his own shyt...he stopped smoking in the Pretty Toney sessions..signing to def Jam was the tombstone fr fr...but we got Fishscale which is his last classic...everything else is a mixed bag wit really The Wizard of Poetry being his last good album...all that bs we got starting wit Wu block if yall really wanna go there has been terrible...and will get no acknowledgement from me...this track is a good sign of things to come...just a fan spewing thoughts....

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Daringer will still need to be paid his worth. He may not be a big name in the mainstream but he's one of the biggest in the underground so he has some leverage. You low ball him and he can tell you to kick rocks because he can get money with Sauce Walka, Conway, Gunn, etc.

I'm sure Alchemist isn't charging Roc Marci what he charged Kendrick but they negotiated a fair split on merch, vinyl sales, etc. You don't split anything with a no name.

Ghost probably paid T the Human chump change for the beat and that's it. Rappers will give a random who has never had any placements $500 and they'll take it just to say they did production for Ghost, AZ, or The Lox.

They want to keep their budget low and really they just don't want to put in the work. Daringer isn't trying to put out some bullshyt. You bring him in and he's hungry to make a great album while the rapper is just trying to put something out for quick profit.

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
I KNEW that that Nas/Wu-Tang would produce some type of music but had no idea Nas was really politicking and got Ghost on Mass Appeal. Thats a BIG get for the label.

I remember when haters use to clown Nas business acumen. Now he signing the legends he came up with. Incredible

MassAppeal is horrible at business come on .

Who gives a fk you giving acts that sell 20 copies release dates. That ain't how you pop a label

I have no idea what they doing over there.
Apparently, they don't either

Such a beautiful name for a company n that shyt is being wasted by fools that rather play Zenga in the office

MassAppeal Merch should be a hip hop staple by now

Young energy is what pops a label. I thought we in this shyt to make money n grow the company.
These muhfukas about to put out Kool G Rap next project 🤦🏾‍♂️

Maybe I don't understand their business model