GMC just bushed Elon and his Tesla truck with the new electric Hummer.

MikeyK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Problem right now is range on all these vehicles. If they "say" 200 mi, assume real world that'll be 60% of that. The best use for electric vehicles are low mileage fleet vehicles or a family's second commuter car (daddy drives the EV, momma can take the gas minivan).

I watched a couple videos on real world performance, Tesla has the best network but even with that getting recharged is a chore. These cars need either better range or something like an onboard electric generator you can use to burn gas to recharge (probably less complexity than dual engines).

Yeah EVs handle 90% of your driving well enough, but cars are expensive and that other 10% is a show stopper.
:jbhmm: Feel like 60% is reaching

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Problem right now is range on all these vehicles. If they "say" 200 mi, assume real world that'll be 60% of that. The best use for electric vehicles are low mileage fleet vehicles or a family's second commuter car (daddy drives the EV, momma can take the gas minivan).

I watched a couple videos on real world performance, Tesla has the best network but even with that getting recharged is a chore. These cars need either better range or something like an onboard electric generator you can use to burn gas to recharge (probably less complexity than dual engines).

Yeah EVs handle 90% of your driving well enough, but cars are expensive and that other 10% is a show stopper.
Breh the fukk are you talking about? model 3, Model S, Y and X damn near getting 400 miles to a charge now.. The new Plaid is getting 500 miles

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
nah, I still want the tesla truck

they really do look different, like a vehicle from mars

the 70k tesla truck gets...

1. 500+ miles per charge

2. 0 - 60 in 2.9 seconds

3. towing capacity 14,000 lbs

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Breh the fukk are you talking about? model 3, Model S, Y and X damn near getting 400 miles to a charge now.. The new Plaid is getting 500 miles

They're talking nonsense always 5-10 years in the past. You can very easily use an EV as your primary car nowadays. My mother-in-law has a Chevy Volt EV as her only car and never has a problem. It's range is way lower than the Tesla (260 miles) and its charging time is slow, but she can still make it from LA to San Diego and back in the same day no problem without even needing a charging station, and that's the most driving she's realistically going to do.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
They're talking nonsense always 5-10 years in the past. You can very easily use an EV as your primary car nowadays. My mother-in-law has a Chevy Volt EV as her only car and never has a problem. It's range is way lower than the Tesla (260 miles) and its charging time is slow, but she can still make it from LA to San Diego and back in the same day no problem without even needing a charging station, and that's the most driving she's realistically going to do.

People act like they driving to the edge of the solar system

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Tesla is a renewable energy/tech company that makes cars. The have more US road/map data than Google has because their cars are mining that info to improve automation. Which is wild when you think about it considering how many people use Google Maps. If the goal is for self driving cars/vehicles being a tangible thing, Tesla has the lead because they have the data from all the cars they have out on the roads right now.

That's where they have an edge. Tesla is going to have pressure on them to improve their quality of the actual vehicles they make tho. As everyone starts getting into EV, Tesla's models going to start looking like toys compared to some of the luxury options that will be available.

OneManGang

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Tesla is a renewable energy/tech company that makes cars. The have more US road/map data than Google has because their cars are mining that info to improve automation. Which is wild when you think about it considering how many people use Google Maps. If the goal is for self driving cars/vehicles being a tangible thing, Tesla has the lead because they have the data from all the cars they have out on the roads right now.

That's where they have an edge. Tesla is going to have pressure on them to improve their quality of the actual vehicles they make tho. As everyone starts getting into EV, Tesla's models going to start looking like toys compared to some of the luxury options that will be available.
Is the Google part true though? I’d assume Google was WAY ahead of them on that front due to cell phone and Google Map usage on roads everyday. Unless the Tesla are mining other data that the phones cannot.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I almost shed a tear watching this lol. I don’t even need most of the shyt in that truck but I want it :mjlol:

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper

Essentially came here to post this. The race will be if the traditional car companies can improve the software and UI faster than the software company can improve the hardware(vehicle quality).

What can happen is eventually you end up with an Android like situation where a software company comes along that decides they can provide a base OS.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
As an Off-Road and Overlanding enthusiast, this truck is shytting on anything else on the American made market.
:whoo:

The new Ford Bronco is nice and significantly more affordable, and the Toyota Land Cruiser is an iconic Japanese machine, but this Hummer is an American masterpiece.
:banderas:
Bro! I went to the Outer Banks in North Carolina and I heard you can drive your vehicle on the beach with a permit. I’ve been wanting a Jeep for awhile now but this shyt made me want it more lol. Is off reading as cool as it seems? Riding on the damn beach was cool AF(did a wild horse Jeep tour)

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Is the Google part true though? I’d assume Google was WAY ahead of them on that front due to cell phone and Google Map usage on roads everyday. Unless the Tesla are mining other data that the phones cannot.
I think so. I forget where I read or heard that, I think I saw it mentioned from a YouTuber.

But basically, Tesla's information for the terrain and roads is more accurate because their cars have more ways of tracking various data points compared to Google's map data being mainly around location from a phone.

The cars have sensors and cameras capturing the drive, then the car's software is getting data and info about the car (gas, mileage, velocity etc) and the driver. You combine all of that with the real world users driving their cars every day, I can see how they have more intricate road and driving data than Google.