Thinking a pre-nup will save you...

:lolbron::ohhh::snoop:

Millionaire’s wife gets judges to toss their prenup - NYPOST.com

Wife of millionaire LI real-estate mogul gets judge to rip up her prenup

By KIERAN CROWLEY
Last Updated: 5:50 AM, March 11, 2013
Posted: 1:41 AM, March 11, 2013

EXCLUSIVE

The beautiful wife of a millionaire Long Island real-estate mogul got a judge to rip up her prenup — a rare, precedent-setting decision that could influence countless marriages to wealthy people.

Elizabeth Petrakis, 39 — sometimes acting as her own lawyer — got a an appellate panel last month to toss the agreement she signed with Peter Petrakis, 41, four days before their lavish 1998 wedding.

The prenup stipulated that Peter, who parlayed a string of smoke shops into a $20 million commercial real-estate empire, would keep everything in his name if they split up.
Elizabeth Petrakis
Dennis A. Clark
Elizabeth Petrakis
PAY UP! Elizabeth Petrakis, who wed millionaire Peter in ’98, stands to get a big divorce payout with the court ruling.
PAY UP! Elizabeth Petrakis, who wed millionaire Peter in ’98, stands to get a big divorce payout with the court ruling.

But Elizabeth argued for seven years that Peter coerced her signature, threatening to call off the wedding even though her father had already paid $40,000 for the reception.

“He told me he would rip it up as soon as we had kids,” Elizabeth, who has since had twin sons and a daughter, told The Post at her Old Brookville mansion.

“But he never did. The reason this happened was I was an advocate for myself and I didn’t give up.’’

She called the document “a knife in my heart from Day One.’’

On February 20, a Brooklyn Appellate Court panel unanimously affirmed two Nassau County court decisions, saying Peter “fraudulently induced” Elizabeth to sign the prenup and found Peter’s “credibility to be suspect.”

The duo will now begin divorce proceedings.

The decision “is unprecedented, vacating a pre-nup on the basis of a verbal promise,” even though a clause in the contract says there were no verbal promises, said Elizabeth’s lawyer, Dennis D’Antonio.

“It resets the bar. It’s an entirely different landscape out there in regard to prenups. I’ve been inundated with calls. Spouses who are challenging pre-nups now have a leg to stand on,” D’Antonio said.

Now, Elizabeth says, her husband suddenly wants to end their divorce battle.

He declined to comment.

“His need to be successful was more important to him than the need for me to be his wife or the mother of his children,” she said.

Elizabeth is now beginning a business called Divorce Prep Experts, which counsels people divorcing with prenups.

Longtime divorce lawyer Raoul Felder, who has never overturned a prenup in his three-decade career and has no involvement in the Petrakis case, called the decision “really rare” and precedent setting.

kcrowley@nypost.com

Chief

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jozi
I would rather stay single and pay child support

fukk marriage :pacspit:

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
Got married last year

tumblr_lsf5kgSNBa1qci0woo1_500.gif

Jay58

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been happily married for a while now. I'm good. Me and wifey done struggled and we still around and to me that really determines the staying power. Sticking thru it when things are bad is how love develops. Lets not base all marriages on this one incident that involves a millionare.....Millionares and regular people live different lifestyles. In this story it sounds like the husband has a wack lawyer.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
I've been happily married for a while now. I'm good. Me and wifey done struggled and we still around and to me that really determines the staying power. Sticking thru it when things are bad is how love develops. Lets not base all marriages on this one incident that involves a millionare.....Millionares and regular people live different lifestyles. In this story it sounds like the husband has a wack lawyer.

Pre-Nup is the last line of defense for those who wish to change their mind without having to suffer at the hands of a woman who wishes take all in the high stakes poker game of relationships. Consider that you dealt yourself a winning hand as all arent as lucky as you.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Youre wasting your time, with this logic + experience.

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
“But he never did. The reason this happened was I was an advocate for myself and I didn’t give up.’’

:dead: sad

her and the women calling trying to get their pre-nup voided are pathetic
these are the so-called independent women of America? These are the trailblazers? :gag:
and y'all wonder why nikkas don't respect you hoes...

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
But Elizabeth argued for seven years that Peter coerced her signature, threatening to call off the wedding even though her father had already paid $40,000 for the reception.

“He told me he would rip it up as soon as we had kids,” Elizabeth, who has since had twin sons and a daughter, told The Post at her Old Brookville mansion.

She called the document “a knife in my heart from Day One.’’

On February 20, a Brooklyn Appellate Court panel unanimously affirmed two Nassau County court decisions, saying Peter “fraudulently induced” Elizabeth to sign the prenup and found Peter’s “credibility to be suspect.”

This is nothing new. It's common knowledge a pre-nup can be thrown out if signed under direst

Dude made a bad decision; you gotta beg/threaten a woman to sign a pre-nup, ya'll shouldn't get married

+ he promised to dissolve it after they had children

The decision “is unprecedented, vacating a pre-nup on the basis of a verbal promise,” even though a clause in the contract says there were no verbal promises, said Elizabeth’s lawyer, Dennis D’Antonio.

This is the only worrisome part.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Got married last year

tumblr_lsf5kgSNBa1qci0woo1_500.gif
That gif though. :laugh:

He needs a better lawyer.
That woman though :win:

:sadcam:

But like the other brother said, I don't know if I'd base my entire view on marriage from this single case or similar ones. In my personal life I know a few couples who got married and are still in it and happy because they have respect for each, their relationship and the institution of marriage. I don't really have any baggage on that...

I will say that this case is wild because of the pre-nup situation. This is the first time that I've ever heard of a pre-nup being overturned or broken. I didn't even know that shyt was legal. :leon:

Daps
I bet anything she was just throwing up a hail mary on some i got nothing to lose, why not:manny:
Then she got the decision was like..

:krs: !!