Going to the movies alone....

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
back in my early 20's one of my boys who lived close to a theater used to go solo all the time and I'd be like :what: 'you going to the movies by yourself?' Fast forward to my late 20's, that's my prefered way of going after doing it once. I don't have to listen to opinions on others not wanting to see it. I can buy my own popcorn and soda. I only go for the 1st or 2nd showing before noon so no one is there and i get that matinee + 1/2 off 1st showing discount. Shyt, I even did it for Prometheus Imax, it was showing down the street from the job at 9am on opening day for only $12, had too.

Besides, once a month I have to get my extra butter :popcorn: fix

• Dap
Reactions: CJ

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
my dad does that a lot, dude stays watching flicks

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
i always enjoyed going to the movies by myself and right when the theater opened so there would be nobody there but me and some elderly people.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
last 5 movies ive been to by myself :blessed: place beyond the pines, oblivion, silver linings, jack reacher, identiy theft

i prefer it to going with someone else now. aint gotta wait for the other person and drive up there. you dont talk in the movies anyway. im :popcorn:

never been on a friday or saturday night i usually go sunday mornings or weeknights

by yourself > with people

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like Indie and Foreign flicks, so it's hard to find people to go with me, and I don't even try anymore. Most people i'm around, don't have a clue about anything, if it's not mainstream.

And plus I always go on a random, it's never planned.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People always think I'm weird when i see a movie by myself. Sometimes i need to be lost in that world for 2+ hours by myself without someone trying to talk to me during it.

Nail on head, one of the reasons why I go to movies, just to get lost for a couple of hours.

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I do it all of the time. I prefer going solo. I always wait until the movie dies down so the theater is empty when I'm watching. It's freaken relaxing.