Good cheap headphones for mixing?

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
don't take Fi6Ace's advice. iphone joints? earbuds? $20 monitors? :stopitslime:

go with the audio-technica's or sennheiser 280's.

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
For what it's worth, when I was in school at the Art Institute, one of the professors (engineer) told us how he knew a few engineers in the business that were incorporating iPod ear buds into the mixing process. I was like :wtf:

But he said the reason is because of how many people listen to their music through iPods now.

I wouldn't do it, or suggest it myself, seeing as the regular way isn't broke, so no need to fix it. BUUUUUT ol boy's suggestion wasn't really that bad :merchant:

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
the moment you mix with headphones, you lose... unless you own a saffore pro 16 DPS which can emulate speakers...

the best you can go for... cheap ?is cheap 100$

then Senheiser HD 280 are some of the Flattest i know..

understand.. Flatness is the key to good mixing.. anything Bright or bassy or over Mids will fruck you up.

C/S the Sennheisers, awesome quality for the money

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
For what it's worth, when I was in school at the Art Institute, one of the professors (engineer) told us how he knew a few engineers in the business that were incorporating iPod ear buds into the mixing process. I was like :wtf:

But he said the reason is because of how many people listen to their music through iPods now.

I wouldn't do it, or suggest it myself, seeing as the regular way isn't broke, so no need to fix it. BUUUUUT ol boy's suggestion wasn't really that bad :merchant:

sure, they might check their mixes with them at some point (just like how peeps check them on their car stereos and whatnot). but i highly doubt they're sitting there on a ssl or an old angela or something with ipod earbuds jacked into the headphone amp and mixing a song on them.

that visual is hilarious.

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
sure, they might check their mixes with them at some point (just like how peeps check them on their car stereos and whatnot). but i highly doubt they're sitting there on a ssl or an old angela or something with ipod earbuds jacked into the headphone amp and mixing a song on them.

that visual is hilarious.

incorporating iPod ear buds into the mixing process.