Google and YouTube have done changed their search and algorithm greatly.

baker928

Pro
Daps
Since the update, its been trash. I use Bing now, its better than current Google, but way worse than how Google was.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
Thought so. I’m definitely not “tech savvy” but notice this pattern over the years. No amount of syntax or quotation solves this problem.

Thought so. I’m definitely not “tech savvy” but notice this pattern over the years. No amount of syntax or quotation solves this problem. Sigh, google was a wonderful tool at the start, hopefully someone creates a direct threat and a search engine that totally independent and free from these algorithm.

And to the poster who said duckduckgo, I see no difference in the search pattern between Google. Maybe they offer more privacy but search results are the same and very limited.

I use DuckDuckGo — Privacy, simplified. as my default search engine these days. It's worse then google when it comes to obscure results but it ok overall. I made the change because I do not like what google has become esp. when it comes to privacy and big data.

I still have google email but that is much much harder to change.

Saying that I just read that duckduckgo also tracks users so :francis: it's tough out there.

Maybe the solution is peer to peer search (over something like Tor). Maybe personal indexing and search, where the tools exist to do it yourself.

Yahoo used to have a directory structure. Maybe that could help with the information density problem.

SATAN

Eve was a thot.
Daps
Reppin
HELL
You have to learm how to use wildcards, advanced search, and other tools to narrow your search.

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
Nah google still the goat

source.gif

:wow:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
You have to learm how to use wildcards, advanced search, and other tools to narrow your search.

question 1: Does google manipulate search?

question 2: Do you regularly search for obscure terms?

I am a programmer so i need to .. Quotes help sometimes. i don't want commercial links and un-requested double guessing being done on my behalf.

Generalists will skip the questions at the top, so here is a reminder. Please answer questions 1 and 2.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
anyone notice a bunch of low view count videos on the recommends when you're watching videos lately? not on my main recommendation homepage, but when I'm watching something I keep getting recommended shyt with like 1-500 views that never used to be there.

cool on them for helping smaller creators I guess? but I don't want to see none of this shyt :unimpressed:

AStrangeName

Griffith did nothing wrong
Daps
anyone notice a bunch of low view count videos on the recommends when you're watching videos lately? not on my main recommendation homepage, but when I'm watching something I keep getting recommended shyt with like 1-500 views that never used to be there.

cool on them for helping smaller creators I guess? but I don't want to see none of this shyt :unimpressed:
After years of fukking over smaller creators, they suddenly care about them :martin: