Google Maps self-driving car filmed in Austin, Texas.

Mixerr Reviews

Mixerr Reviews
Daps
Reppin
Austin, Texas, US
Aight @Mixerr Reviews, The Coli is not the place for you to get free clicks/views for your Youtube channel. I'm letting that one slide but please avoid posting this type of thread. Oh and 1 star for filming vertically :beli:

Liu Kang, I wasn't trying to get free clicks/views for my YouTube channel. That was not my intent. I was trying to create a legit thread about these self-driving Google Maps cars that have been randomly appearing around the United States lately. Sorry I didn't have my Sony Handcam 9.2 on me at the time. I just thought the video would provide a perfect example relevant to this thread. Had to use my iPhone instead. Yes I know the video quality is lacking in a technical aspect. Alright I won't post my videos here anymore. I'll let you guys click the links instead. Won't happen again.

they're eventually going to put car insurance companies out of business
It will be a while before self-driving cars put humans out of business.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Yep, don't care for this at all. We're already having a tough time keeping people employed at a decent wage. This would only eliminate more jobs, and the only people that it would benefit are companies like Google, who can rake in more money by removing the driver from the equation. I also wouldn't be surprised that they would track you while you're riding in one of these. You inject a CC or something along those lines and it syncs your information up with a database and transmits back your destination. No thanks.

wheywhey

Pro
Daps
Uber just hired several people from Carnegie Mellon.

Published: June 1, 2015 8:08 a.m. ET

PITTSBURGH—Carnegie Mellon University is scrambling to recover after Uber Technologies Inc. poached at least 40 of its researchers and scientists earlier this year, a raid that has left one of the world’s top robotics research institutions in a crisis.

In February, Carnegie Mellon and Uber trumpeted a strategic partnership in which the school would “work closely” with the taxi-hailing service to develop driverless car technology.

But behind the scenes, the tie-up was more combative than collaborative.

Uber envisions autonomous cars that could someday replace its tens of thousands of contract drivers. With virtually no in-house capability, the San Francisco company went to the one place in the world with enough talent to build a team instantly: Carnegie Mellon’s National Robotics Engineering Center.

Flush with cash after raising more than $5 billion from investors, Uber offered some scientists bonuses of hundreds of thousands of dollars and a doubling of salaries to staff the company’s new tech center in Pittsburgh, according to one researcher at NREC.

The hiring spree in January and February set off alarm bells. Facing a massive drain of talent and cash, Herman Herman, the newly elevated director of the NREC, made a presentation May 6 to staff to explain the situation and seek ideas on how to stabilize the center, according to documents reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

In all, Uber took six principal investigators and 34 engineers. The talent included NREC’s director, Tony Stentz, and most of the key program directors. Before Uber’s recruiting, NREC had more than 100 engineers and scientists developing technology for companies and the U.S. military.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/is...rnegie-mellon-in-robotics-2015-05-31-14103924

Mixerr Reviews

Mixerr Reviews
Daps
Reppin
Austin, Texas, US
Everyone, I have an important update to make! The video I shared in this thread has made it into a news article written by Adan Salazar and Alex Jones on the political based InfoWars website! I was notified by StillHustlin from Siccness.net about my YouTube video used by Alex Jones on his website. I thank you all so much for watching my videos. To this day I have questionably wondered why and how my YouTube video was chosen to be posted on the InfoWars website. Links will be posted at the bottom. Screenshoted pictures will be up on the Instagram page.

http://www.infowars.com/google-secretly-testing-self-driving-cars-in-texas/

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
one accident and self driving cars are done for. I do not want to ride a bus with no driver. shyt wouldnt work for nyc busses anyway

same thing for the Transportation Industry.....they alredy made some Driverless Semi Trucks.......:comeon: :whoo:
Look at the video above. Trucks like that wont be up and running for ages.