GOP senators propose replacing Columbus Day with Juneteenth as federal holiday

Jigganaut

Sick of you nigg@s
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hampton VA Pull up
Lol they nagged dude for wanting an extra day off. Lol like the nikka takes the day to go give a native small pox every year. You smart dumb nikkas

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Grand opening, grand closing. This is why I hit Ron Johnson with the :pacspit::
Sen. Ron Johnson retracts amendment for Juneteenth holiday

"I was in no way deprecating Christopher Columbus’ achievements or expressing any value judgment regarding his place in history. As I stated in an interview with the Milwaukee Press Club last Friday, I do not support efforts to erase America’s rich history — not the good, the bad or the ugly," Johnson said in a news release.

“Instead of eliminating a current holiday to make room for Juneteenth Day, I will be proposing to reduce the number of paid leave days federal employees receive, to offset the cost of the new holiday celebrating emancipation. This modification both preserves Columbus Day and the dollars of hard-working taxpayers," Johnson said.
As I said before, his reasoning is bullshyt

What the REAL reason

I'm tax payer... I'd enjoy the extra day off

Stop giving credence to this right wing tripe

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Grand opening, grand closing. This is why I hit Ron Johnson with the :pacspit::
Sen. Ron Johnson retracts amendment for Juneteenth holiday

"I was in no way deprecating Christopher Columbus’ achievements or expressing any value judgment regarding his place in history. As I stated in an interview with the Milwaukee Press Club last Friday, I do not support efforts to erase America’s rich history — not the good, the bad or the ugly," Johnson said in a news release.

“Instead of eliminating a current holiday to make room for Juneteenth Day, I will be proposing to reduce the number of paid leave days federal employees receive, to offset the cost of the new holiday celebrating emancipation. This modification both preserves Columbus Day and the dollars of hard-working taxpayers," Johnson said.

gop transparent as fukk with their white nationalism:mjlol:, what the hell does CC have to do with preserving american history?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We frankly need more holidays in this country in general

When I lived in Spain there were holidays what felt like everyday

:manny:
we need another holiday weekend early august that carries july 4th weight, not presidents day weight. perfect middle of summer placement

we'd have end of may, beginning of july, beginning of august, beginning of september. ive always wanted the dems to push for that