Gospel heads, who remembers the Winans album that R. Kelly produced?

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Growing up all my mom ever played in the house/car was gospel. But I remember the Winans All Out cassette she always bumped sounding more like an R&B album than gospel.

That piano intro and Kells' part at 2:30 is just :wow:

But yeah, I gave this another listen recently and remembered how fire the album was. The Winans are pretty much the Jacksons of gospel

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember this, there was an era where black gospel was using secular sounding R&B production. It worked for the most part, because it brought a younger generation back to the church

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OP Did R Kelly do something else gospel related, I know he put out his own gospel album out, but did he collaborate with others in gospel music?

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Yeah, the Winans always sound like regular R&B to me. I used to think Bebe and Cece were married and they was singing about their relationship. LOL.

I am a huge gospel head - but mainly gospel quartets and old, OLD gospel. My daddy was a Gospel DJ and in a quartet when he was younger and I was raised on it all.

It's so many old groups that straight up sound like R&B and even Hip-hop. And I"m talking music made in the 50-70's.

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/ados-legendary-gospel-quartets-and-soloist.695722/

Prez2032

Pro
Daps
Pops used to bump this on the way to hooping. That whole album was piff