Gosu - Best Martial Arts Manga Out

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I didn't wanna make a thread, but I KNOW you niccas sleeping. Time to wake up.

Gosu is fukkin raw :whew:

the main character is like One Punch Man ancestor :damn:
Im current with the latest chapter, and this dude hasnt even come close to taking an L.
Reps on backorder for whomever mentioned Gosu like it was soooooo great.

I marathonned it and am impatiently awaiting the next drop on webtoons. :takedat:

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
First of breh, The God of Highschool is the best Martial Arts manhua/manhwa out
GCCdNpj.png

That said how does the series fare. Does it start of slow and build in power or is it off the wall crazy from chapter one? Need something to read since One Piece been letting me down with current events.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
GCCdNpj.png
I binged the fukk out of God of High School but it got a lil too zany at the end breh. I know they were copying The Monkey King and all but the main character there is now God.

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
That said how does the series fare. Does it start of slow and build in power or is it off the wall crazy from chapter one? Need something to read since One Piece been letting me down with current events.
Main character is OP from the very beginning like One Punch Man. I don't know how to describe the progression because it's playing around with tropes. Basically he's broke and dumb or playing dumb. Social skills fukked up cause he lived in a cave with his master...but he means well. All the characters keep trying to pull out his potential but he moves at his own pace.

but when he gets righteous anger the shyt gets lit.

The cliffhangers are more crucial than God of High School. It's comparable to The Breaker.

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
Main character is OP from the very beginning like One Punch Man. I don't know how to describe the progression because it's playing around with tropes. Basically he's broke and dumb or playing dumb. Social skills fukked up cause he lived in a cave with his master...but he means well. All the characters keep trying to pull out his potential but he moves at his own pace.

but when he gets righteous anger the shyt gets lit.

The cliffhangers are more crucial than God of High School. It's comparable to The Breaker.

:ohhh:

shyt I'll start it now then get back to you.

I binged the fukk out of God of High School but it got a lil too zany at the end breh. I know they were copying The Monkey King and all but the main character there is now God.

He is the Monkey King though. From the inspired source material, Wukong challenged heaven, erased himself from the book of death, adept in magic (TGOH replaces it with martial arts) and his iconic accessories (flying cloud, ruyi jingu). The only reason he was nerfed is the Golden Bang and that shyt broke. How strong would a person who fought entire gods be? He is godly know but you never know who else is out there waiting. Though forget the power inflation it has the staple of martial arts. We got martial art styles, powerful characters for each school etc.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
GCCdNpj.png

Nah, don't expect him to be training to beat some new unstoppable foe or anything like that.

Dude is OP

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
First off :stopitslime: I know I've mentioned Gosu a couple of times in the manga thread. Where's my mention?

Second the main character is doing Buddha's work in the chapter that was released today:whew::blessed:

Last edited:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
The creator of Gosu also has another manga/manhwa called Yongbi that is dope af too. Some of Yongbi's characters show up in Gosu.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
The Breaker still>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> though.

I got this sitting at number 2.

God of High School was GREAT before it got all godly. Now it's just good. Still loving it, though.

There was one more I'd put in the same class.... I just can't remember the name of it. The author just said "fukk it" and stopped writing/drawing it out the blue. this was years ago, though. Was it Veritas? I wanna say yes, but I don't think it was.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
The Breaker still>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> though.

I got this sitting at number 2.

God of High School was GREAT before it got all godly. Now it's just good. Still loving it, though.

There was one more I'd put in the same class.... I just can't remember the name of it. The author just said "fukk it" and stopped writing/drawing it out the blue. this was years ago, though. Was it Veritas? I wanna say yes, but I don't think it was.
You're talking about Veritas.

I'm putting this above The Breaker because the main character is not a whiney bytch like Shion.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Dude is just op for no reason and the lack of supporting cast hurts it a lot IMO. It was best when he was fighting that sword guy. Cool art tho.