Got a citation for unsafe lane change.. would hiring an attorney be worth it?

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I just ain't trying to get that point on my record and see my insurance shoot up.:beli:

Y'all have any experience with getting an attorney for traffic stops and etc? Any tips, is it even worth while?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yeah I don't know if it's worth spending several hundred dollars on a lawyer (along with court fees) just to (maybe) avoid one point. :patrice:

If we were talking 4 or 5 points or possibly losing your license that would be different, but I wouldn't think one point would raise your insurance like that.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Nah. Thats a minor violation, pay the lil punkass fine and chalk it. Now violations where collisions, injury/damage or drugs/alcohol are involved, thats when you should lawyer up.

Yeah I don't know if it's worth spending several hundred dollars on a lawyer (along with court fees) just to (maybe) avoid one point. :patrice:

If we were talking 4 or 5 points or possibly losing your license that would be different, but I wouldn't think one point would raise your insurance like that.

I'm probably going to make a few calls to see what it would cost. For me, it's not the money, just trying to keep that point off.

Quick Google search is telling me the fine is at least $238 here in CA.:martin:

MoveForward

Veteran
Daps
You're insurance increase will be negligible in comparison to hiring a lawyer to hiring a lawyer for that little sh1t. Take your L until it falls off of your license in three years. Go to court with intentions to pay your fine though, in some States if the officer doesn't show up, the ticket will get thrown out.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I just ain't trying to get that point on my record and see my insurance shoot up.:beli:

Y'all have any experience with getting an attorney for traffic stops and etc? Any tips, is it even worth while?
Just go to the court date and they may waive that shyt or make you take a class or just pay it

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Nah, they are going to rule in favor of the cop.... I got a ticket for failing to stop. There was no stop sign. I didn't bother with the lawyer and just took a picture of the location. Judge ruled I had to pay. Don't waste your time and money.....

You might be able to get a lawyer that's buddy buddy with the judge and get off though......