Gotdamn the Asian vultured Double Dutch too??!

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
First he dressed like us
kid-super-saiyan-transform-dragonball-dragonball-z-scream.gif

Then he DANCED like us
5zniB.gif

And they ALL vultured Double Dutch?! No more. We CAN'T let them get away with this. SSJFBA!!!
T4d-TNVmt-Pq9-Z.png

black-kid-in-super-saiyan-range-h4rnp0di10xow53i.gif

Daps
I dont think I understand the term culture vulture. So now nobody can double Dutch unless they're black? Everybody knows where it came from and who invented it so what's the problem?

I consider culture vulture to be someone who takes something and tries to say that their ppl started it when they know good and well it was started by us.

Is Lupe a culture vulture because he wants to be a samurai? Am I culture vulturing Europeans when I wear a nice European 3 piece suit?

Let's be forreal.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I dont think I understand the term culture vulture. So now nobody can double Dutch unless they're black? Everybody knows where it came from and who invented it so what's the problem?

I consider culture vulture to be someone who takes something and tries to say that their ppl started it when they know good and well it was started by us.

Is Lupe a culture vulture because he wants to be a samurai? Am I culture vulturing Europeans when I wear a nice European 3 piece suit?

Let's be forreal.

I'm sure everyone has their own definition, but for me, "culture vulture" is the exploitation when someone uses their societal advantages (wealth, whiteness, connections, whatever) to take advantage of someone else's culture for money or fame, without actually being interested in that culture at all.

This is a culture vulture:
post-malone-siriusxm.jpg

Why Post Malone refused to do XXL Freshmen - "We were told by his camp that he wasn't paying attention to hip-hop so much, he was going in more of a rock/pop/country direction."

“I’m not a rapper, I’m a artist. I don’t make rap music. I might rap, but I don’t make rap music.”

“On the new project, there’s gonna be country, there’s gonna be rock, folk, hip-hop, anything you can imagine, put into my own unique sound.”

“If you’re looking for lyrics, if you’re looking to cry, if you’re looking to think about life, don’t listen to hip-hop….whenever I want to sit down and have a nice cry, I’ll listen to some Bob Dylan. But whenever I’m trying to have a good time and stay in a positive mood, I listen to hip-hop because it’s fun. I think hip-hop is important because it brings people together in a beautiful, happy way. Everybody’s happy.”

In answer to Charlamagne tha God asking him what he was doing to advance Black Lives Matter: “I guess what I can do to help Black Lives Matter is keep making music. … I don’t know.”

In a later interview reflecting on what he should have said: “I wish I’d said, ‘What are you doing for Black Lives Matter?’ Some sassy shyt to shut him up. Like, maybe my music’s not the best, but I know I’m not a bad person, so you’re just being a hater.”

Post Malone on Charlamagne tha God: “He’s not a good person. He hates me because I’m white and I’m different. But we’re still rocking and we’re still successful, and he can’t stop it.”

On why he doesn't pay attention to the news: “I’m more into alternate news. shyt not a lot of people read, like conspiracy shyt. There’s crazy shyt that goes on that we can’t explain. Chemtrails and shyt.”

On why he likes Utah: “It’s free country out there. Like, you can buy suppressors in Utah. You can do open-carry. Walk into the grocery store with a handgun on your hip. Cowboy shyt. I can’t wait.”

But I wouldn't consider simply liking another culture's artform, or performing in a way inspired by that artform, to be "culture vulture" unless you don't respect it or are exploiting it in a way that someone from that culture would be unable to do themselves.