Graduated Yesterday - Preparation for Moving Forward

Bossyyyyy

All Star
Daps
Yesterday I graduated. School had us grad via zoom. I gotta give it to em, bc they really tried, and the presentation was there too. I didn’t really feel as happy as I would’ve thought though, it was like a “meh whatever” feeling

Anyway, I’m in the process of moving out of my dorm, and while moving out, the thought hit me regarding preparation, and what in particular I should be doing to advance to the next level.

I’m big into the gym/ self care etc, have a job thank god, im investing, and building a good savings for security. Currently, I’m also saving for a place and a car too so what else should I be doing / looking into?

Regarding the work place also, any things to prepare/ look out for as a black individual?

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Don’t let these women get you off track of your goals.

advice for the workplace is, NEVER get comfortable with a job, always be looking at your next position. And even if a job is going great, things change very quick in the corporate world, so always keep your resume up to date and always apply for jobs even if you have one. Understand that leverage is the best thing you can have if you are gonna be working for someone else.

Anytime you get a pay increase or extra income, don’t use it as a reason to spend more money. They key to building is leveling up financially, but maintaining your same lifestyle so you can stack/invest the extra money.

Always have an ultimate plan or goal you are building towards along with your smaller goals.

Networking is key in business and in the workforce. It’s often not what you know but who you know.

When you know what you want to do, don’t let anyone talk you out of it or convince you to take a safer or more traditional route.

Lie for more experience when applying for jobs. It’s the only way. Create whole fake jobs if you have to. It’s the only way if you trying to get paid your worth. Cheat to to best of your abilities and comfort level.

Never leave for sho p*ssy for some mo p*ssy

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps

advice for the workplace is, NEVER get comfortable with a job, always be looking at your next position. And even if a job is going great, things change very quick in the corporate world, so always keep your resume up to date and always apply for jobs even if you have one. Understand that leverage is the best thing you can have if you are gonna be working for someone else.

Anytime you get a pay increase or extra income, don’t use it as a reason to spend more money. They key to building is leveling up financially, but maintaining your same lifestyle so you can stack/invest the extra money.

Always have an ultimate plan or goal you are building towards along with your smaller goals.

Networking is key in business and in the workforce. It’s often not what you know but who you know.

When you know what you want to do, don’t let anyone talk you out of it or convince you to take a safer or more traditional route.

Lie for more experience when applying for jobs. It’s the only way. Create whole fake jobs if you have to. It’s the only way if you trying to get paid your worth. Cheat to to best of your abilities and comfort level.

Could you elaborate on this? I’ve been thinking about it but I’ve been told it could get me blacklisted

Would that come out in a background check?

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Could you elaborate on this? I’ve been thinking about it but I’ve been told it could get me blacklisted

Would that come out in a background check?

Certain jobs like military and stuff that require security clearances or more tough verification you can’t lie. But the average corporate job, you better lie. Most jobs are outsourcing their employment background checks to companies like hire right and shyt. For the most part you wanna have your dates and title match up cause they verifying those things. You can create a fake job and out your people as the contacts to call. Even better if you got friends or family with a legit business.

They are not looking to catch you in a lie. You have to remember, at this point they gave you the job, so if they didn’t believe everything on your resume, they wouldn’t have hired you. So the employment check is just verifying what they already think is true. So as long as no red flags pop out, you will be good.

People need to lie about previous salary too so they can get the higher paying jobs. Jobs cannot verify your salary with your last employer. If they need proof, they will ask for tax returns or check stubs, which brings me to my next tip...you need to get Adobe acrobat pro to did what you need to do for shyt like that. How it usually works is, they outsource the employment background check to a company like hire right. Then if they can’t verify something, the company will actually contact you, and ask you to provide proof :mjlol:

I honestly could go on and on about this shyt. I could write a book. Just ask me any specific questions and I may be able to help. Cause I could write forever on this shyt

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

This post is spot on.

Ultimately Op you gotta find your purpose now. The training wheels are off at this point

1)Always be looking to improve
2)Have side hustles that can possibly become your main income.
3)Travel. Learn new languages & cultures.
4)Try and experience new things

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
Remember one thing: This is the biggest 5 year make or break stretch in your life. DO NOT BE ON AUTOPILOT because you think you accomplished something.

If you do, realize you will wake up at 29 heading into 30 in a cold sweat realize you are old AF and didnt do what you wanted.

experoence as much as possible and bet on yourself. i mean that sincerely learn to take a chance and fail. It only gets harder the more you wait.

Remember in all of this, your social life is a top priority. That doesnt mean partying and women. I mean literal social networking, joing orgs, hobby stuff, being a part of things.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Most jobs are outsourcing their employment background checks to companies like hire right and shyt. For the most part you wanna have your dates and title match up cause they verifying those things. You can create a fake job and out your people as the contacts to call. Even better if you got friends or family with a legit business.
So the process is -

1. create a fake company and job (write down the date and title to make sure it’s known through the process)

2. Get a phone number and email set up

3. put it on your resume/LinkedIn

4. Have someone to verify it when they call

Questions:

- what would they usually ask for apart from the title and date during a verification? Would I need an email?

They are not looking to catch you in a lie. You have to remember, at this point they gave you the job, so if they didn’t believe everything on your resume, they wouldn’t have hired you.
Wait is this for people with a job already? Or do you just mean they wouldn’t go through the trouble of verifying your information if they weren’t ready to give you an offer?

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Aim much higher than where you are when it comes to women. You have your degree and you'll be advancing up the career ladder, so try to find women with no children that are already established in a well-paying career. fukk around and come up one of these fine ass weather ladies .

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
So the process is -

1. create a fake company and job (write down the date and title to make sure it’s known through the process)

2. Get a phone number and email set up

3. put it on your resume/LinkedIn

4. Have someone to verify it when they call

Questions:

- what would they usually ask for apart from the title and date during a verification? Would I need an email?

Wait is this for people with a job already? Or do you just mean they wouldn’t go through the trouble of verifying your information if they weren’t ready to give you an offer?

Yeah, I’m saying they offered you a job, so they not gonna be thinking that you lied to them

Yeah, except the LinkedIn I don’t like the fact anyone can see your profile and i don’t want nobody like hold up, I don’t remember him doing that.

But when I say create a fake job, that’s if you have to. Most times you doing that to cover up a gap. But you can just use your people as managers instead of your real one for previous jobs you had and lie about your position and duties.

The name of the game is making it seem like everything you did before as far as titles and duties were tailor made for the position you applied for.

But as far as creating the fake job, you typically not gonna have to create a whole fake company and website. That’s extreme. It’s better if you know someone with a business. It could be a contracting business. Well if you trying to get a finance job, you was the finance manager there for 4 years. The company already legit and they call your partner and he verify.

But remember, all of that is to get you in the door. You still have to be able to speak to and have taking points about what you lied about.