Above The Clouds
166.gif

I'll read later :mjcry:

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
Yeah and you can genuinely hear the pain in his statements and see the tenuous nature of the situation he's in. He was in a group that branded itself improperly 30 odd years ago and is unable to be booked for his full worth today as a result. I don't understand why "The Furious Five" couldn't get any traction. To me that's a known name. But I'm not him out here trying to get booked. It seems like they'd do best linking with other groups of their era and trying to get booked as a multi act card.

I think its because people don't tend to like to see a group with out all the members. Most people think of them as a whole package. Saying Public Enemy with no Flava Flav wouldn't really make a difference from the music stand point but then the people paying for tickets feel like they aren't getting their money's worth. I think that's the same situation with them.

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate to talk down On this man but since the topic of him bein a fraud is bein raised well .. he is a certified homo ..

MF been tour in wit his closet lover / BF fo good part of a decade ..

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
i always assumed he did most of the beats.

:facepalm:

I think its because people don't tend to like to see a group with out all the members. Most people think of them as a whole package. Saying Public Enemy with no Flava Flav wouldn't really make a difference from the music stand point but then the people paying for tickets feel like they aren't getting their money's worth. I think that's the same situation with them.

its worse then that.

the general public at this point is under the assumption that grandmaster flash was the lead vocalist.

messed up situation. the least they couldve done was have him call himself "DJ" grandmaster flash. but thats all hindsight speaks seeing that they were probably the first group to sign a deal with the DJ's name in the title.

man thats rough.

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Although I understand SCORPIO's bitterness.....I do feel it's somewhat misdirected

the INDUSTRY is to blame NOT flash necessarily....record companies like SUGAR HILL never properly credited artists...particularly in hip hop for their contribution

this has led to tension between rappers and deejays...

but to say GRANDMASTER FLASH isn't worthy of CONTRIBUTION is far fetched......

I remember watching Flash have his cameo in the movie WILDSTYLE and being inspired to become a deejay ..HIS TALENT IS UNDENIABLE:

Wrong try reading the article again

The label told them from the jump not to have Flash on their records or brand name...

It's all in there. Why would Flash be worthy of praise for music he never had a hand in? :mjlol:

If he never worked on any of those songs then they have valid points about him being a fraud. It isn't far fetched at all that's reality.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
I hate to talk down On this man but since the topic of him bein a fraud is bein raised well .. he is a certified homo ..

MF been tour in wit his closet lover / BF fo good part of a decade ..

Didn't know it was confirmed... But yeah I was just about to say he always came across as sweet and the way he's acting as described by Scorpio in this interview sounds like some ole petty womanly diva type shyt