Grant Hill to become a minority owner of the Baltimore Orioles

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Cal Ripken Jr., Grant Hill Among Investors in New Orioles’ Ownership​

• Jan 31, 2024

The Baltimore Orioles officially have new owners, as billionaires David Rubenstein and Mike Arougheti led a group to buy the team from John Angelos. While the two will serve as the primary owners for the new group, many famous names joined in as minority investors in the offer.
Cal Ripken Jr., the Hall of Fame shortstop and arguably greatest player in Orioles history, headlines the names of new minority owners. Ripken spent his entire 21-year career in Baltimore, winning two MVPs, making 19 All-Star games and breaking the consecutive games-played record.

Also included in the group are NBA Hall-of-Famer Grant Hill, former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg, former Baltimore mayor Kurt Schmoke, and entrepreneur and philanthropist Michelle Kang

Last edited:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Man, growing up my favorite basketball players were Grant Hill and Reggie Miller. It wasn't till I was grown and actually learned about their college careers that I realized my parents pretty much manicured sports role models for me to gravitate toward. We NEVER watched The Bulls, and my pops was a cableman. Jordan never had that cultural impact on me the same way. I remember watching the Pistons and Pacers a lot though, got Grant Hill jerseys on separate birthdays.

I say all that to say, this is dope. Especially for those of us raised to emulate him and actively working to get our own shyt jumping :salute: