Gripes with modern cinema.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Hollywood in the name of guaranteed profits dumbed down the movie industry. Too much CGI, too many established IPs, HORRIBLE storytelling, forced agendas, and death of the movie star. It's all coming back to bite them.

I would also add too many nitpicking whiny fans.

Some people over complain about the smallest and dumbest shyt and it feels like it poisons the well sometimes

I’ve seen people rave about a movie overall, but then come back to a moment in the move that was like an 8-15 second scene in a 3hr movie then leap to “that moment ruined the entire movie for me”

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I would also add too many nitpicking whiny fans.

Some people over complain about the smallest and dumbest shyt and it feels like it poisons the well sometimes

I’ve seen people rave about a movie overall, but then come back to a moment in the move that was like an 8-15 second scene in a 3hr movie then leap to “that moment ruined the entire movie for me”
This seems oddly specific. Almost as if they were paid by the studio to post it.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
This seems oddly specific. Almost as if they were paid by the studio to post it.

:russ:

Also, to add on….

I think some bad fan ruin movies and the movie experience with their overblown expectations.

Like the people that from 1-4 years before a movie is released, they hype themselves us with all these fantasies and hopeful predictions and expectations they have.

And then with the movie goes another direction, they automatically shyt on it cuz it wasn’t what they predicted or wanted instead of just taking thing as is and judging it off the work it did vs their unrealistic expectations

****** in short. Some Fans are the problem

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
:russ:

Also, to add on….

I think some bad fan ruin movies and the movie experience with their overblown expectations.

Like the people that from 1-4 years before a movie is released, they hype themselves us with all these fantasies and hopeful predictions and expectations they have.

And then with the movie goes another direction, they automatically shyt on it cuz it wasn’t what they predicted or wanted instead of just taking thing as is and judging it off the work it did vs their unrealistic expectations

****** in short. Some Fans are the problem
No argument from me that some fans suck. Some aren't willing to say that Santa Claus isn't real.

I have high expectations, but I also can look at things through many different lenses and see if it's operating well on different levels even if the dominant narrative isn't well illustrated. Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade.

No reason for certain genres to go the way of the western. Logan was amazing however, but that wasn't a Disney production though.

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hollywood in the name of guaranteed profits dumbed down the movie industry. Too much CGI, too many established IPs, HORRIBLE storytelling, forced agendas, and death of the movie star. It's all coming back to bite them.
All of these are valid reasons except for death of the movie star

No one saw YouTube/Twitch celebrities in the cards

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
At least TV is great :manny:
But yea...i hate the fact that once something is a hit they're gonna make sequels, prequels spinoffs and run that shyt into the ground

Like that shytshow The Continental. Even the ppl that made it knew it was dogshyt. they didnt have the faith to call it just "The continental" they had to add "from the world of John wick" They made it anyway

If the Sopranos was made nowadays, we would have a Paulie Walnuts spin off show

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
At least TV is great :manny:
But yea...i hate the fact that once something is a hit they're gonna make sequels, prequels spinoffs and run that shyt into the ground

Like that shytshow The Continental. Even the ppl that made it knew it was dogshyt. they didnt have the faith to call it just "The continental" they had to add "from the world of John wick" They made it anyway

If the Sopranos was made nowadays, we would have a Paulie Walnuts spin off show

This The Boys spinoff

I’m sorry, I’m not trynna be a hater with that but I really didn’t enjoy that show.

And I felt like vibe wise others shows are in the same vein but did it better

Preacher is an example

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
All of these are valid reasons except for death of the movie star

No one saw YouTube/Twitch celebrities in the cards
True. But you used to go see a movie because it was a Denzel movie. A Will movie. A Julia Roberts movie. A Cruise or a Hanks movie. This kinda coincides with the conditioning/dumbing down of audiences. The studio makes people interchangeable. Which, I'm all for new stars, but you kinda get used to the brand a star could put on a movie. It'd be cool if YouTube/Twitch stars had actual talent, it's just another medium like theater or TV. But most don't.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
My Gripes for the last couple of decades
  1. Fight Scenes with Jump Cuts trying to be like Bourne series
    1. The Brute vs Fassbender in the Killer was so good because it was like a Bourne fight scene but without the jump cuts
  2. Fight Scenes that are Slogs - last 50 minutes of a 90 minute movie is just one long fight scene.
    1. Raid 2 did it great.
    2. Latest John Wick - was good, but exhausting
  3. Michael Bay CGI Fights with too many moving parts - Transformers success lead to the CGI blobs of the MCU
    1. I can't think of the last good CGI fight I saw
  4. Meta narratives/winking at the camera/4th wall breaking
  5. LONG ASS MOVIES - even if it's good, I'm not really trying to see 3+ hours of something.
  6. Marvel Post End Game
    1. it's been talked to death. Lack of direction and cash grabbing.
  7. Multi-verse
    1. it's been talked about to death, but lazy story telling
  8. Shocking Deaths - The Game of Thrones thing
    1. I'm sure if I thought hard enough, I'd have the perfect example, but deaths that shock more so than move the story
  9. Cyberpunk everything
    1. can they not imagine a different future?
  10. No Stand Alones - always a trilogy, always a universe
  11. Reboots
  12. My Obvious incel/basement dweller comments
    1. Mary Sue females
    2. LGBT in every thing
      1. Black Male characters that are openly/secretly LGBT
  13. Variety
    1. No funny movies?
    2. No serial killer movies?
    3. No thrillers?
    4. No crime movies?
    5. No one even tries to make a good musical?
I'm sure there's more.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
This The Boys spinoff

I’m sorry, I’m not trynna be a hater with that but I really didn’t enjoy that show.

And I felt like vibe wise others shows are in the same vein but did it better

Preacher is an example
i didnt even watch that....I think every spinoff is miles behind the original material.
I heard Better Call Saul might be better than BB. But thats it
Most of them fail and fail badly. Idk why they keep doing it. Maybe because the director, actors, writers are paid the same if the movie makes bank or if it bombs

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'll lightly add on to what someone said about fans:

A lot of people are wannabe critics. I don't know if it makes them feel smarter or whatever, but people nitpick everything in modern movies and it really reflects the overtly-critical and egotistical attitude of the current era.

People act like if a movie wasn't some life-changing experience, then it was a failure. The expectations are way too high and people refuse to just take things as they are.

There's also a hint of nostalgia bias, too. I promise you if people applied their criticism of modern movies to a lot of the vintage classics, you'd notice some more flaws.