GRODT appreciation thread how 2003 changed our hiphop lives

channelzero

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
CA
50 brought gangsta rap back with this album. Before GRODT dropped Nelly, Lil bow wow and jarule were running rap #getmad

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Senior year of high school. When I tell you EVERYBODY in the student parking lot was bumping this...I mean everybody. Never seen no shyt like it. Drake buzz was close tho.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Wanksta and In Da Club were the best first and second singles of the last thirteen years at least. Not to mention 21 Questions was big, even though I never really fukked with it.

Galvatron

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When the shyt dropped no lie it was as if it was the only rap album being played by everybody. The way what up gangsta set off the cd may be the goat first song off a album

Double J

Banned
Daps
First Hip Hop album I bought, copped it from this store in Fulton Mall, great time period in NYC Hip Hop.

I love this album, classic, every track is solid, except for....

Like my style
Gotta make to Heaven
Heat, I would have to see Jimmy Irvine's reaction when he first heard that song.

As that song is a bit over the top, on the clean version of the album they removed that song all together, shock Jimmy let 50 put that on the album.

This had to be the biggest hyped album since Life after Death (For NYC).

Its sad as most likely, thanks to Ipod's and MP3 players and NYC Hip Hop being :flabbynsick: we will never see hype like that for a NYC Hip Hop artist album again.

Downloading a album off the net is not the same as going to Fulton Mall or Jamaica Ave to cop a album.
To me this was the last real period in hip hop. I miss those days and strangely enough I miss actually buying albums.

At this point I think it's safe to say that the internet has been the biggest culprit behind the death of hip hop.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
classic til this day

i memorize every lyric, drum pattern, loop, adlib you name it

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Ain't gonna lie, I was feeling the album for awhile as a youngin. Then I grew up and became a real nikka