Gut this thing the same way we did the stadium last offseason: 2016 Miami Dolphins offseason Thread

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Personally, i'd like to see
  • a gutting of the interior O-Line. And thats including Pouncey. Too bad we just extended him. But these guards gotta go.
  • I love Grimes but he can leave with his chick.
  • We can wait and see on Cameron Wake.
  • Give TanneHill one last year to show he belongs. Thank God Hickey put that out-clause in his contract so we can dump him after the season should he still be clueless
  • Resign Vernon by all means
  • Not sure i want Lamar Miller back unless it's a reasonable contract. He simply isnt a workhorse back. We need a bruiser at RB. Not a small speedy back
  • For Christ sake find a tight End and some LBs

Superstar
Daps
Reposting from other thread, but so far we've asked to interview the following people for HC:

Teryl Austin (DC for the Lions)
Dan Campbell (our current interim HC)
Anthony Lynn (Assistant HC for the Bills)
Josh McDaniels (OC for the Pats)
Matt Patricia (DC for the Pats)
Mike Smith (former HC for the Falcons)
Mike Shanahan (former HC for the Redskins)
Hue Jackson (OC for the Bengals)
Adam Gase (OC for the Bears)

I don't think either of the Pats' coordinators will stay in the AFC East out of respect. Shanahan and Smith are non-starters.

Don't know much about Austin or Lynn. Based on that list, I'd say Hue Jackson is probably the favorite, barring an interview with Mike Shula.

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
Personally, i'd like to see
  • a gutting of the interior O-Line. And thats including Pouncey. Too bad we just extended him. But these guards gotta go.
  • I love Grimes but he can leave with his chick.
  • We can wait and see on Cameron Wake.
  • Give TanneHill one last year to show he belongs. Thank God Hickey put that out-clause in his contract so we can dump him after the season should he still be clueless
  • Resign Vernon by all means
  • Not sure i want Lamar Miller back unless it's a reasonable contract. He simply isnt a workhorse back. We need a bruiser at RB. Not a small speedy back
  • For Christ sake find a tight End and some LBs

I hope we can do all of this without good drafts because Tannenbaum is in charge now.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Draft Cb and LB first

Keep wake he's willing to restructure :myman:

Matthews can go, Parker is ready

We need to get a solid guard in free agency

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Offseason needs/goals

Resign Miller
Let Vernon walk
Restructure wake
New guards
Draft an lt that can play lg and can replace Albert when he goes down or retires
Get a playmaking lb
Shore up the corners. Restructure grimes or cut him. I'd rather restructure but we need a stud CB on opposite side.

Curious to see what happens with coples and Jordan. I think these guys could be useful. Especially if we let Vernon go. Vernon gonna cost to much.

Biggest draft needs
1st - lb/CB
2nd - tackle
3rd - lb/CB

• Dap

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
i like both TE's, its not Cameron's fault that Tanny wont use him. Sims is a good blocker and will catch what you throw to him

Miller should go to BAL/DEN or a zone blocking team, this stupid ass franchise wanted him to bulk up but didnt use him like that anyway. hes been misused his whole career

Vernon has to be given what he wants, one of the best young ends in the game

Grimes is washed, need to start fresh @ corner

• Dap

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
why? he led the league in pressures this year, 25 sacks over the last 3 years. this team struggles to draft anyone worth a damn gotta keep our few hits
Cuz he's looking for a big pay day. He might be too expensive. He already said he's going to highest bidder. He ain't taking a home town discount.

I'd love to keep him, even though he's a retard, he's a very talented retard.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I was skeptical at first (as i always am about rookies) but I'm a believer now :yes:

Too bad i really liked Matthews. been telling you clones dude was a poor man's Brandon Marshall for at least 3 years now. You all didnt believe.
Yea has just as many drops too.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Offseason needs/goals

Resign Miller
Let Vernon walk
Restructure wake
New guards
Draft an lt that can play lg and can replace Albert when he goes down or retires
Get a playmaking lb
Shore up the corners. Restructure grimes or cut him. I'd rather restructure but we need a stud CB on opposite side.

Curious to see what happens with coples and Jordan. I think these guys could be useful. Especially if we let Vernon go. Vernon gonna cost to much.

Biggest draft needs
1st - lb/CB
2nd - tackle
3rd - lb/CB
I think they keep Jordan. They have nothing more to lose with him and he's bound to play his ass off to convince other teams to even take a chance on him. Never underestimate the greed of soon-to-be contract-year

Restructure Grimes and put a muscle clause for his wife in the contract.
Restructure Wake.

Last edited:

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
Cuz he's looking for a big pay day. He might be too expensive. He already said he's going to highest bidder. He ain't taking a home town discount.

I'd love to keep him, even though he's a retard, he's a very talented retard.

that would be a huge downgrade to the team, Wake's injury might have killed his career, Shelby is not a starter

id cut Grimes, Jordan and let some other salaries walk to keep him.

• Dap

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Yea has just as many drops too.
I dont remember dropping many balls. Only one or 2 that i can remember: 1 in the Colts game and then another. As a matter of fact in the OTAs and minicamp the big thing about im was that he caught everything thrown near him

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i like both TE's, its not Cameron's fault that Tanny wont use him. Sims is a good blocker and will catch what you throw to him

Miller should go to BAL/DEN or a zone blocking team, this stupid ass franchise wanted him to bulk up but didnt use him like that anyway. hes been misused his whole career

Vernon has to be given what he wants, one of the best young ends in the game

Grimes is washed, need to start fresh @ corner
Cameron fukked up a lot this year and dropped a lot of passes. I'd keep him but he's got a big contract too.

Miller with the emergence of ajayi is a great combo. Gotta keep em both.

Grimes is good to keep at a certain price, he's no longer the stud but he's good as a number two. Drafting or signing a number one. With lippet coming in as the nickel

• Dap