Gymnastics Thread

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
Hey brehettes (and maybe some brehs)! I wonder if any of you would be interested in a gymnastics thread? I would post this in the coliseum, but I have a feeling that they wouldn't be too interested in having a "female" sport there, nor would many people be interested in posting there.

Right now, I think everybody knows who Simone Biles and Gabby Douglas are. Gabby, being the first black woman to win an Olympic All-Around competition, and Simone is now the most decorated female gymnast in history and the GOAT of the sports, however there are many young up and coming black gymnasts that are doing well in this sport (both collegiate and elite).

Trinity Thomas:
Trinity is currently a member of the US National Team and the University of Florida's Gymnastics team (currently one of two competing collegiate and elite). She went viral for getting a perfect 10 on bars and beam. She also received a perfect 10 on floor before the season ended due to COVID-19. She's been outstanding at Florida since starting as a freshman last year.

Uneven Bars:

Balance Beam:

2nd Perfect 10 on beam:

Floor Exercise:

Her 2019 Collegiate and Elite floor routines:
Collegiate

Elite

Black Barbie

Daps
Reppin
Kiya Johnson:
Kiya is a freshman at LSU and she has made waves, she made her first 10 on beam

Vault:

Bars:

Beam:

Floor:

Black Barbie

Daps
Reppin
The Blakely Sisters, Sloane and Skye
Sloane:
Vault:

Bars:

Beam:

Floor:

Sloane is a current member of the US National team and committed to UF.

Black Barbie

Daps
Reppin
Konnor McClain:
She's a junior elite (will turn senior next year) and I'm personally rooting for her since she's based near my hometown in WV. She's a pretty good AA (all-arounder), but her best events are bars and beam and imo floor. She's best known for going viral at 4 y/o for doing back handsprings, beam, and bars. She was also featured on Steve Harvey's "Little Big Shots"

This little girl is now 15 and will be eligible for the Olympics next year.

Vault:

Bars:

Beam:

Floor:

Black Barbie

Daps
Reppin
Derrian Gobourne:
She's a sophomore at Auburn and the co-champion on vault in the NCAA:

Vault:

Bars:

Beam:

Floor:

Black Barbie

Daps
Reppin
Then we have Jordan Chiles, who also trains at Simone's gym.

Vault:

Bars:

Beam:

Floor:

Jordan is committed to UCLA and is most remembered for her superwoman leotard.

Black Barbie

Daps
Reppin
Thanks for putting us on some other names. Sad the olympics didn’t get to happen this year since women have such short windows to compete and the sport overall only really has the olympics to garner shine on a mass scale
No problem. As much as I love Simone and Gabby, there are plenty others that needed some shine and I wanted to show that these young ladies don't come out of nowhere until the Olympics. Of course there are plenty more black gymnasts that are at the lower levels, including the Junior Olympics and NCAA, not everyone is destined for the elite level and even fewer for the Olympics, but they're doing amazing things regardless.