Had no idea Redd Foxx had a new sictom in 1991 created by Eddie Murphy

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAGydacveCI[/ame]

guess I was too young to remember this sh1t, wiki said he died on the set after the 7th episode too

:sadcam:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Royal_Family_(TV_series)

Both this show and The PJs could have been classics (Well PJs already is IMO) if the networks gave it a chance (and Foxx didn't die in Royal Families case)

Eddie had bad luck when it came to TV

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Redd is and will always be the real king of comedy.
a0yqua.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Eddie Murphy paid ALOT of homage to his black comedic idols during his height, and it always goes under the radar how he helped put a lot of black comedians and actors on during his peak. It was Eddie Murphy who insisted that Coming To America, Harlem Nights, and Boomerang has predominantly black casts. Dude should get more credit

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
Eddie Murphy paid ALOT of homage to his black comedic idols during his height, and it always goes under the radar how he helped put a lot of black comedians and actors on during his peak. It was Eddie Murphy who insisted that Coming To America, Harlem Nights, and Boomerang has predominantly black casts. Dude should get more credit

Eddie GAVE us Chris Rock breh :wow:

I don't even know if many people realize that, he literally put him in the game

[In Thick African accent] Thank U Eddie [/]

:blessed:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The story was that the cast/crew on set didn't believe that Redd's heart attack was real when it first happened because of the whole "I'm coming Elizabeth" fake heart attack bit he used to do on Sanford & Son.
They tried to keep the show going after Redd died by adding Jackee from 227 as his daughter but it didn't work.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remember but lets be honest my bed time was like 8 or 9 and this shyt came on after that.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I remember that show. I didn't know it was created by Eddie Murphy. It was really good too.
This was me also

I remember watching the show but had no idea Eddie helped get it on air. I was also like 7 or 8 when it came on ABC.

I also remembered Redd Foxx dying too :(

Redd Foxx had an amazing life. Dude used to wash dishes with Malcolm X (back when he was Detroit Red) and what not.

Redd Foxx :salute:

Eddie Murphy :salute:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The story was that the cast/crew on set didn't believe that Redd's heart attack was real when it first happened because of the whole "I'm coming Elizabeth" fake heart attack bit he used to do on Sanford & Son.
They tried to keep the show going after Redd died by adding Jackee from 227 as his daughter but it didn't work.

Yup. And I used to watch it. It was a good show and had potential.

Jixson

Pro
Daps
Reppin
League of Legends
Damn.

I remember this show too.

I thought it lasted longer with Redd than 7 episodes.
I think they made it through about 10-13 episodes before they pulled the plug.

It was pretty good too. I think my bedtime was 9 or 10 at the time(and 11 on Saturdays) and I saw at least the first 5 episodes.

Realizing '91 was a long ass time ago :old: