☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Haiti - Economy : The country sinks into the spiral of inflation
24/06/2017 10:01:58

g-21328.jpg
tr.gif

In May 2017, the Consumer Price Index (100 in August 2004) was 306.0 compared with 298.3 the previous month, with monthly growth of + 1.5% versus + 1.1% in April, an acceleration in annualized inflation of 15.5% against 14.6% in April 2017

Haiti - Economy : Inflation continues towards the 15% - HaitiLibre.com : Haiti news 7/7

The monthly increase in inflation was mainly the result of the behavior of consumption functions, "Food, drinks and tobacco" (+ 1.1%), "Clothing, textiles, footwear" (+ 1.2%), "Rent Housing, Energy And Water (+ 3.0%), Healthcare (+ 0.9%) and Transportation (+ 4.7%).

The positive change in the index "Food, Beverages and Tobacco", which represents over 50% of the household budget comes, among others, from the increase of : rice (+ 1.1%), millet (+ 4.3%), grain corn (+ 1.4%), ground corn (+ 1.1%), of goat meat (+ 1.1%), fresh fish ( + 1.9%), banana (+ 2.0%), giraumon (+ 1.6%), mirliton (+ 2.3%), green pea (+ 1.3%), leek + 1.4%), eggplant (+ 1.9%), carrot (+ 1.8%), tomato (+ 1.3%), yam (+ 1.3%), malanga , cassava (+ 1.1%) of the potato (+ 1.8%) and potato (+ 1.9%), orange (+ 1.4%) and papaya (+ 1.5%).

The rise in the index "Clothing, Textiles and Shoes" is related particularly to price of : tissues (+ 1.9%), suit, jacket universal (+ 1.2%), shirt (+ 1.7%), dress (+ 1.1%) And sandals (+ 1.2%).

The increase in the "Rent of Housing, Energy and Water" index is mainly due to the rise in housing rent (+ 2.7%) and kerosene (+ 17.9%).

The increase in the "Health" index was mainly due to fees paid to doctors (+ 1.4%) and hospitalization expenses (1.6%).

Finally, the upward trend observed in the "Transport" index resulted from higher gasoline and diesel prices (+ 18.9%) and public land transport (+ 3.7%).

Situation in figures by function for the whole country (yoy) :

Food, beverages and tobacco : 14.5%
Apparel and textiles, footwear : 20.2%
Rent housing, energy and water : 22.1%

Development and maintenance of housing : 13.7%

Health : 14.1%
Transport : 7.6%
Leisure, entertainment, education and cultural : 16.1%
Other goods and services : 18.9%

Situation in Figures local products (yoy) : :
Food, beverages and tobacco : 14.5%
Apparel and textiles, footwear : 7.4%
Rent housing, energy and water : 25.2%

Development and maintenance of housing : 21.9%

Health : 13.7%
Transport : 6.9%
Leisure, entertainment, education and cultural : 16.9%
Other goods and services : 2.2%

Situation in figures of imported products (YoY) :

Food, beverages and tobacco : 12.1%
Apparel and textiles, footwear : 20.3%
Rent housing, energy and water : 19.4%
Development and maintenance of housing : 23.1%
Health : 2.4%
Transport : 15.5%
Leisure, entertainment, education and cultural : 19.7%
Other goods and services : 16.5%

General Price Index by Region (Variation on a month) :

Metropolitan area (+ 1.5%)
Rest North (+ 1.6%) (includes the departments of South-East and West)
North (+ 1.4%), (including departments of the North, Northeast and Northwest)
South (+ 1.7%) (including South departments of Grand'Anse and Nippes)
Transversal (+ 1.2%), (including the departments of Centre and Artibonite)

See also :
Haiti - Economy : Inflation continues towards the 15% - HaitiLibre.com : Haiti news 7/7

HL/ HaitiLibre

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
What do you mean?
My bad I mean you shouldn't. The West and black puppets in government purposely made this happen since the coup

Sabotage the state within just like PR. The state is run by Drug smugglers and criminals the U.N officials oversee

America, French, Canada, Spain, Brazil, USAID , World Bank, OAS, WHO etc

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
How many trading partners does Haiti have?

Sorry for being ignorant on this situation..I wish I knew more about them. It seems like because they successfully beat the French's ass that it's been the mission of the west to see them fail.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How many trading partners does Haiti have?

Sorry for being ignorant on this situation..I wish I knew more about them. It seems like because they successfully beat the French's ass that it's been the mission of the west to see them fail.
They have a few, the majority of their trading partners are the Dominican Republic, China, the US, and Antilles. They have a massive trade deficit, which as been a huge problem for years.
I just had an "overview" of the Haitian economic situation after the earthquake that was really insightful (though a little long).

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My bad I mean you shouldn't. The West and black puppets in government purposely made this happen since the coup

Sabotage the state within just like PR. The state is run by Drug smugglers and criminals the U.N officials oversee

America, French, Canada, Spain, Brazil, USAID , World Bank, OAS, WHO etc
Overthrow from within is almost impossible now.
Chavez may have thrown massive support toward it, same got Qaddafi, but they're both dead, and there aren't any strong economy countries willing to support a removal of the current regime.
Corruption runs so deeply, especially the way money and contracts flow in the country. I can't foresee any quick solutions.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Overthrow from within is almost impossible now.
Chavez may have thrown massive support toward it, same got Qaddafi, but they're both dead,
and there aren't any strong economy countries willing to support a removal of the current regime.
Corruption runs so deeply, especially the way money and contracts flow in the country. I can't foresee any quick solutions.
What do you mean?