Pro
Daps
full

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
2020 & folks still acting like Ether is better than Takeover :dead:

:deadmanny:

I won’t even get into the whole BS argument that Takeover was fact and Ether was just name calling which is straight lies

takeover did not affect or hurt Nas in the slightest. Ether had Jay on the radio in tears, had everyone in Rocafella scrambling in panic on what to do and Jay stans Juelzing.

Was Takeover a well constructed song? For sure. But that’s not what a battle is about. It’s about hurting your opponent and making fans go :picard::russ::ohhh:

takeover didn’t do that. Ether did

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
Ether was so potent that it made Jay do a Austin Powers impression for his reply :mjlol:

I’ve said this many times if you was around that era....Jay was really feeling himself, thought he was untouchable & legit thought he was the GOAT of this shyt and then you see his demeanour on the radio interviews after Ether dropped....shadow of his former self :russ:

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
2020 & folks still acting like Ether is better than Takeover :dead:
Well if it's 19 years later and that's still the general consensus, that means IT IS. Were you even if age in 01? Radio stations nationwide did polls, and Ether was the majority winner. The people spoke then, and the people speak now :umad:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Ether was so potent that it made Jay do a Austin Powers impression for his reply :mjlol:

I’ve said this many times if you was around that era....Jay was really feeling himself, thought he was untouchable & legit thought he was the GOAT of this shyt and then you see his demeanour on the radio interviews after Ether dropped....shadow of his former self :russ:

The Pre-Ether Jay-Z is a person that will never record another album again. That confidence and bragging was one-in-a-kind.

Nas did the (seemingly) impossible task of taking down Jay at his height, on some David vs Goliath shyt.