Harden on MVP: “I need it” :stopitslime:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
KD going to the warriors and beating washed up cavs teams devalued the price of rings

Harden knows that multiple mvps is gonna put him in the ATG category

All the young guns know that the easiest way to become a superstar (get your own shoe, endorsement deals) and build your narrative is to put up gawdy stats and win individual awards

Case and point: Westbrook's net worth is 125 million while dwade's net worth is 120

In 30 years Westbrook is probably gonna be rated higher cause he was a triple double machine (although this is not true)
No it didn’t:mjlol:

Mr. Superteam himself did if that’s the case

Harden is just who we thought he was when he choked in the finals and disappears in the playoffs

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Maybe if y'all would stop acting like this fool and his fraudulent ass squad ain't missed 27 straight 3s to choke away a 3-2 lead in the conference finals then these players and commentators could get it through their thick skulls that these individual, isolated awards, especially those for the meaningless ass regular season, don't mean jack shyt without the context surrounding them and the overall season of the player who receives them. Who gives a shyt about how many 40 pt games Harden has right now when we're only halfway through the season and the refs are whistling for him night in and night out, when we know he's going to flame out come May when it matters? Because THAT's Harden's legacy as of now, regular season MVP awards and scoring averages be fukking damned :hhh::scust::camby:

Close thread

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
UR0jSxF.gif

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I don’t support the fouls he gets a lot of the time, but his head is in the right place. 28 teams haven’t competed for a ring in 4 years...quite a few athletes have completed seasons that would be guaranteed MVPs a decade ago. Assert your legacy somehow

Edit: this isn’t absolving Harden shytting the bed in the offs

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
KD going to the warriors and beating washed up cavs teams devalued the price of rings

All the young guns know that the easiest way to become a superstar (get your own shoe, endorsement deals) and build your narrative is to put up gawdy stats and win individual awards

Case and point: Westbrook's net worth is 125 million while dwade's net worth is 120

In 30 years Westbrook is probably gonna be rated higher cause he was a triple double machine (although this is not true)

Washed up Cavs team?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I mean...this ring > stats and MVPs is some wack ass NBA fan shyt...just because Jordan came along and won 6 straight...people wanna act like rings make you a better player than someone...

Everybody with a non-fan brain knows that rings are a team achievement...

Stats and MVPs are an individual achievement...

An MVP means more as a player...it means you are like a top 100 player in league history..

A ring means you was on a great team...
I know you mean well, but even claiming that MJ "won 6 straight" shows how pervasive the Jordan mythology is.

Haters try to give some players asterisks when they win....Jordan the only player in history that managed to get an asterisk on a LOSS to the point where people don't even act like it exists anymore. :mjgrin:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Kobe and Shaq only got one MVP but plenty of rings. Tells me all I need to know about this piece of shyt media driven award.
That complaint don't make sense, both of those guys played in a huge market and got massive media attention from their rookie year on.

Kobe should have been the best player in a season if he wanted more MVP awards. Shaq ran into an unGodly Duncan run during his prime which kept him from winning more MVPs, and otherwise he should have put up bigger numbers instead of "playing his way into shape" for half the regular season.

Sure it will, right next to Steve Nash.

If Harden doesn't show out in the playoffs he won't be ranked for shyt in the ATG discussion. Maybe he has more individual accolades than Drexler but he's just a flopping choker until proven otherwise.

It would be nice if the PLAYERS got a say as to who is the MVP of the league instead of some geek looking cacs who have never bounced a basketball in anger before let alone played the game.
Players used to pick the MVP, they lost the vote cause they were always playing favorites and being petty. It's pretty much impossible for them to even pretend to be objective.