Has anyone had experiences with voluntarily checking yourself into a psychicatric ward?

Lost His Smile

Stop Existing.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 12th Dimension
Like the title says.

Im planning on voluntarily entering inpatient after going through some hypomanic episodes that have lead to the lowest of of lows. When I realized I was stashing my old medication into a shoebox, buying a charcoal grill for carbon monoxide poisoning while siting a car, and finally ODing on narcotics that I needed to finally get some help.

So has anyone been admitted to inpatient psychiatric ward? What was your experience like?

My boss just called me and told me to get better and call him when Im ready to get back to work. Hopefully Im only there for three days.

Big Daddy

Fight or die fighting, no surrender.
Daps
I’d be worried about ever getting out again :huhldup:

They could drug you up, tell you that you’re crazier than you know you really are and, when you protest, use that as “evidence” of your mental instability, and drug you up some more, over time rendering you useless to society- and a permanent resident (paycheck) for the institution.

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
Like the title says.

Im planning on voluntarily entering inpatient after going through some hypomanic episodes that have lead to the lowest of of lows. When I realized I was stashing my old medication into a shoebox, buying a charcoal grill for carbon monoxide poisoning while siting a car, and finally ODing on narcotics that I needed to finally get some help.

So has anyone been admitted to inpatient psychiatric ward? What was your experience like?

My boss just called me and told me to get better and call him when Im ready to get back to work. Hopefully Im only there for three days.

The psych ward is going to make your crazy worst due to the synergy of all the demonic energy in the joint. Don't go.

:mjgrin: Who dat in your AVI tho?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
DO NOT do it in California. They'd have legal right to keep you there against your will. And I think other states can keep you if you show signs of illness.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
If you go to the hospital they keep you with a baby sitter until they can get you in to one of the psych wards.
They ask you to sign your self in if you're able and it's also when they will give you the paperwork that registers you into the databases where you can't get guns and stuff., Then they keep you on a 72 hour hold to evaluate you. Then after that you can leave or stay longer if you need to. I know a couple folks who've done it, sat there with one. (Got the call about the suicide attempt and went to the hospital).

If you don't have insurance, or go to an over crowed hospital there may be a wait to get admitted into psych, so you can spend a day just in the ER or regular hospital ward waiting for a bed in psych. The 72 hours don't start til you're admitted/