Has respawn made people more numb to video game deaths?

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
That's why in CoD I only played hardcore search and destroy. Made the game feel more like Socom and made deaths actually mean something. Never really liked modes that had respawns. You end up with people just constantly running out and making dumb decisions.

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you not wrong at all, the M14 had kick but the stopping power was worth it. Once you stopped looking for them strafe fights there was no need for IW or STG77 imo. Hell with trigger taps the M16 shot faster than most guns in the game

TBH M4A1 and 552 silenced weren't bad either...the graphics were so bad that you HAD to check each corner cause anyone could blend in with that persistent fog

I cant remember the map name but its the one with all Osama characters on the terrorists team and its rocky like afghanistan. I swear you could hide in the open cause the graphics weren't there yet :skip:

I think u mean desert glory or sandstorm everyone blended in perfectly on those 2 damn maps,

Lag hook tho :banderas: the inevitable barrage of 7292y372827 grenades in the beginning of every round, i used to run around wit the hostages wit me to try and get the grenades to hit em

Socom 2 is the greatest online game ever the maps were really balanced and every gun felt like it shot differently. I prolly damn near caught bloodclots playin that game for so long at a time

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I think u mean desert glory or sandstorm everyone blended in perfectly on those 2 damn maps,

Lag hook tho :banderas: the inevitable barrage of 7292y372827 grenades in the beginning of every round, i used to run around wit the hostages wit me to try and get the grenades to hit em

Socom 2 is the greatest online game ever the maps were really balanced and every gun felt like it shot differently. I prolly damn near caught bloodclots playin that game for so long at a time
I rank COD4 ahead of it barely but I agree with everything else. I can't believe a game that came out almost 20 years ago still has a better online setup than most games released today. Yeah there were cheats and exploits but for the most part if you wanted to get into the top ranks you needed to really warn it with solid play and not just grinding levels. I swear if Sony could just remaster Socom 2 I would buy a PS4 today. They wouldn't even need to change anything. Just release new maps every so often as dlc and I would be good.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I rank COD4 ahead of it barely but I agree with everything else. I can't believe a game that came out almost 20 years ago still has a better online setup than most games released today. Yeah there were cheats and exploits but for the most part if you wanted to get into the top ranks you needed to really warn it with solid play and not just grinding levels. I swear if Sony could just remaster Socom 2 I would buy a PS4 today. They wouldn't even need to change anything. Just release new maps every so often as dlc and I would be good.
Socom confrontation and Socom 4 tried but it just wasnt the same

I actually enjoyed Socom 3 but they made the maps so gigantic that it lost the aesthetic from the first two

I think the ship has sailed permanently :unimpressed:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bro, you’re playing Siege, right? You need to be playing Siege.