Has there been any movies that were supposed to be TRASH but ended up being a classic?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Good one. Too bad the original cut is impossible to find or is it? I saw the bootlegg b4 it dropped and had much more violence and blood.

Yeah that's exactly what I mean.

I remember the original thread on SOHH that had links to the bootleg months before the movie was officially out.

Fred.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Yeah that's exactly what I mean.

I remember the original thread on SOHH that had links to the bootleg months before the movie was officially out.

Fred.
I have to dig through my crates cuz I think I do have it somewhere. I was mad disappointed when I saw the theatrical version and there were so many cuts.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Good answer. It took me a long time to catch onto it because it was panned critically at the time, but it ended up being a beloved classic.

Also I’m pretty sure Terminator wasn’t supposed to be anything special. Maybe not trash. But definitely was expected to be just another run of the mill sci-fi flick.
I seen this as a kid coming out of my 'scary kid' stage. I hated horror flicks. The mag 'Fangoria' kinda help get over that shyt.

So for me, The Thing was a epic film for the special efx, the storyline, the suspense.