Have a good time in college?

Balla

Superstar
Daps
So I'm going to a college where I don't know anyone. I'm also gonna be working as well and won't be living on campus.

So what would be a good way to meet people and have fun? Join a club? Join a frat? What did yall do while in college ? and what would you recommend?

TL15

Veteran
Daps
It was the best time of my life (I played football though so "making friends" was a given :yeshrug:)

You can immediately reinvent yourself. If you are shy naturally, you can walk around confident. Didn't work out in HS, hit the rec center and start lifting. Didn't take school seriously, make it priority #1. Whatever you want to be, you can start fresh :myman:

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
It was dope for me cause I had a decent amount of homies from my graduating high school class

Its crazy... I got 4 bros and we went to the same schools since 10 years old.

Same elementary school.

Same high school.

Same college.

School was dope in general cause I always had my squad with me

Hated class & homework tho... Skipped alot & barely did homework.

Dropped out after a year :dead:

I didnt meet anybody... Approached a few chicks.. Thats it

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
get involved
there should be organizations for just about any interest u could think of a big college campus

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I had a great time in school. I suggest you join a club and start that way.

Find out what time club hour is and try to meet with some groups. Or you can wait for club week (usually the first two weeks of each semester) and do a meet and greet.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Join a club, join an organization related to your major, be a frequent face at office hours even if it's just too shoot the shyt. Fraternities aren't for everyone but not all are the same so do scouting before you rush. If you have black professors more than likely they'll be happy to see you and they can put you on to some opportunities. Don't front load your GEs because you'll want a break from your core classes as you get further in. Visit the cultural centers if your school has them and just hang out sometimes. Doesn't matter if it's the Hispanic/Asian/Black center, get out there and make some connections.