Have The Rival Team's Owner As The 1st Jersey Hangin In Your Rafters, Brehs: (3)Heat Vs. (6)Hornets

Who Will Win This First Round Series??

• Heat In 4

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Heat In 5

Votes: 29 17.9%
  • Heat In 6

Votes: 51 31.5%
  • Heat In 7

Votes: 21 13.0%
  • Hornets In 4

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Hornets In 5

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Hornets In 6

Votes: 24 14.8%
  • Hornets In 7

Votes: 26 16.0%

• Total voters

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
:mjpls:

i

The Buzz is back in the Postseason and are looking for their first playoff victory in over a decade.
However this series should prove to be interesting because the D-Wade led Heat are not going to be an easy out. Even without Bosh, the Heat has plenty of playoff experience with vets like Joe Johnson, Stoudemire and Deng. On the other side of the court the young, versatile Hornets are led by Kemba & Batum and are looking to pull the early first round upset. This has the makings for an exciting first round series :myman:

STARTING LINEUPS:

i
i

i
i

i
i

i
i

i
i

Game 1:
at Miami, Sunday, 5:30 p.m., TNT and Fox Sports Sun
Game 2: at Miami, Wednesday, 7 p.m., NBA TV and Fox Sports Sun
Game 3: at Charlotte, April 23, 5:30 p.m., TNT and Fox Sports Sun
Game 4: at Charlotte, April 25, time TBD, network TBD
Game 5*: at Miami, April 27, time TBD, network TBD
Game 6*: at Charlotte, April 29, time TBD, network TBD
Game 7*: at Miami, May 1, time TBD, network TBD

SEASON SERIES:
Oct. 28, 2015
Hornets 94
Heat 104

Dec. 9, 2015
Heat 81
Hornets 99

Feb. 5, 2016
Heat 98
Hornets 95

March 17, 2016
Hornets 109
Heat 106

Will Experience Best Enthusiasm?:jbhmm:
The Hornets have players with postseason experience, including Batum and Williams, but Jefferson and Walker have played in one NBA playoff series apiece, when Miami swept the Hornets (nee Bobcats) in four games in 2014. Meanwhile, this Miami team has almost more playoff experience than they know what to do with -- Wade alone has played in 152 postseason games. The Hornets play an infectious style of play on both ends, but the Heat aren't likely to be flustered, even in the crucible of the NBA postseason.

#BuzzFamily we in the building, now lets make some noise in the 'offs....

#BuzzFamily Roll Call
@Tha Gawd Amen
@42 Monks
@Kemba
@Tobias
@SpacelySprockets
@Frank Sabotka
@Henry Orbit
@Bishop_BP_Jakes
@SireSiah#KWU
@Responsible Allen Iverson
@UserNameless
@BlackLightning
@CarolinaKing
@blackzeus
@triplehate
@young3000
@CBSkyline
@BXKingPin82
@YungBoOutlaw
@Outlaw

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
Going to have to sleep on this honest I could see this going either maybe 5 or 6 all depends on which heat team shows up and if we can not have are usually third quarter meltdown that screw us.

There a big enough layoff between the first three games that Wade should be well rested and fresh. When he gets a good amount of rest between games is when he is his most effected.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
Because Pat Riley and the Heat recognize Michael Jeffrey Jordan as thee GOAT of all GOATs.

Miami Heat are a first class organization, but I wouldn't expect everyone to understand that :mjpls:

Edit: only Jersey? :why: Both Zo and Timmy have their jerseys retired

Corey Matthews

All Star
Daps
:francis: I don't get fox sports, I guess I'll just have to use the scorecast for this series

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Because Pat Riley and the Heat recognize Michael Jeffrey Jordan as thee GOAT of all GOATs.

Miami Heat are a first class organization, but I wouldn't expect everyone to understand that :mjpls:

Edit: only Jersey? :why: Both Zo and Timmy have their jerseys retired

I cleaned it up fam, my bad :lolbron:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I got mad respect for The Heat Organization and their legacy, but I still don't understand how yall retire a nikka that never laced up for yall :why:

@Alexander The Great @HiphopRelated @Primetime21 @He Who Posts Well @madness @Pito
@Intruder v3.0 @ThugLife @954UAlreadyknow @dem bath salts @Jax @Christian3o5 @havoc
@WaddupDoe! @Miami316 @alpo @Draje @Weedizmedicine @Green Ranger
@Scientific Playa @AkaDemiK @ReggieFlare @Brief Keef @MIAlien @Todd McPiff @Makavalli

:salute: look forward to a fun series tho!!!
Don't worry about individual players numbers in our rafters. Worry about the championships banners instead

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
S.P. used to see his future mrs. in person when she lived in Edgewater area of Miami.

a very nice set of t*ts and a heavenly smile and persona. :laugh:

Edgewater (Miami) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edgewater is a neighborhood in Miami, Florida, United States, located north of Downtown and Omni, and south of the Upper East Side

Atlanta+Hawks+v+Charlotte+Hornets+EWo1ao_CSCSx.jpg

jordan_wife4.jpg

now back to the business at hand.

The Heat's up and coming center from the famous Tar Heel basketball state has been working/consulting with legends of the game.

Whiteside believes he needs to make final impression on Heat, surrounds himself with helpful circle; Dolphins summon 2 interesting prospects; UM, Panthers, Marlins

FRIDAY BUZZ COLUMN

As Hassan Whiteside prepares for his first-ever NBA playoff game, he’s likely in line for a max contract from some team this summer regardless of how he plays this postseason, according to an NBA executive. But what these playoffs can help determine is the Heat’s comfort level in extending him a max offer or something very close to it.

If Miami pushes deep into postseason, with Whiteside flourishing, Pat Riley can easily justify committing well over $30 million of his potential $40 million in cap space on Whiteside and Dwyane Wade, with Whiteside in line for a first-year salary in the $22 million range.

But if the Heat flops and Whiteside doesn’t play like an elite center, then everything stands to be re-evaluated, though Wade’s return is considered very likely.

Whiteside, in a private moment this week, said he believes he needs to leave a strong lasting impression on the Heat in the coming weeks.

“It's very meaningful,” he said of the postseason’s impact on how the Heat views him. “Every day is a day I can try to leave an impression on the Heat. They really emphasize winning here. I want to make a good impression.”

So is Whiteside worth a max deal?

“He's going to command that type of money based on the way he's playing and his size,” said ESPN’s Jalen Rose, who picks the Heat to make the Eastern Conference Finals. “I would not be surprised if he's able to garner a max deal…

“You can lead the league in blocks, can get double figures in rebounds and I've seen him shoot a left-handed hook, I've seen him shoot a right-handed hook. They've got to keep his emotions in check and control his temper when he gets upset or a call goes against him or he gets tangled up with an opponent, even if he grows out of that.”

Say this for Whiteside: He has done everything asked of him. He finished first in blocks at 3.68 (highest since Theo Ratliff averaged 3.74 in 2000-01).... He was tied for third in the NBA in rebounding at 11.85, topping Rony Seikaly’s Heat single-season record of 11.82 in 1991-92… He was third in field-goal percentage at 60.8, behind only DeAndre Jordan and Dwight Howard.

He was eighth in the NBA’s efficiency ratings and joined Kareem Abdul-Jabbar as the second player ever to block at least 250 shots and shoot over 60 percent in a season.... He raised his free throw percentage from 55.2 percent before the All-Star break to 75 percent after.

He matured in the second half, accepting coming off the bench without protest, setting better screens, becoming more communicative with teammates and accepting coaching graciously. “He really limited his immature moments,” Dwyane Wade said this week.

And Whiteside has smartly surrounded himself with greatness, cultivating relationships with several pre-eminent retired big men: Shaquille O’Neal, Heat executive Alonzo Mourning and Hakeem Olajuwon. He also tells me he is planning a meal with Bill Russell, who set the standard for defensively disruptive centers.

Whiteside and O’Neal had met a couple of times before, but Heat director of team services Kenny McCraney put them in contact a few months ago. Whiteside and O’Neal dined on Lincoln Road during the All-Star break and Whiteside said they regularly talk and text and communicate via FaceTime.

Shaq recently disclosed their friendship publicly, saying on TNT that “I tell him the silliness has to come to a halt. I tell him he can be one of the best centers in the league if he does what he has to do.”

O’Neal told Whiteside at the All-Star break that “you need to average 19 and 10 the rest of the season.”

Since the break, Whiteside came close to achieving O'Neal's vision on points (17.5) and surpassed O'Neal expectation for rebounds (13.3).

“Me and him are like family,” Whiteside said. “My hope is to make Shaq proud.

“I've got to ask Shaq about a nickname [for me]. I know he's got 35 nicknames. One of my favorite is Shaq-A-Polka.”

Though they haven’t spoken in a year, a few things still resonate with Whiteside from his summer tutorial with Olajuwon several years ago: “Hakeem said my hook shot should be my bread and butter” and that has fueled his motivation to polish it.

“He said I should be a big cat, that if a lion walked in a room, the lion doesn’t have to say anything. Just dominate offensively and defensively.”

There’s one aspect of O’Neal’s and Olajuwon’s game that Whiteside has been trying to implement in his own.

“I notice with Shaq, when he gets off balance, he pump fakes to stay on balance,” he said. “Shaq and Hakeem were never off balance shooting a fade-away or a jump hook. So when I’m in the paint, the pump fake can help me with staying on balance and gathering myself.”

Whiteside said he and Mourning don’t work out together, but Zo’s off-court mentoring has helped, and he has been driven by Zo’s challenge to win Defensive Player of the Year.

The dialogue is “on and off with Alonzo,” Whiteside said. “I hear more from Alonzo when we're home. He tells me to keep playing how I'm playing, keep dominating, keep blocking shots. He said he's proud of me. So I'm doing something right.”

Meanwhile, Whiteside said the gentleman who handles Russell’s autographs plans to arrange a dinner for them, and Whiteside is psyched about meeting Russell, cracking “we can talk about shot-blocking tips” over entrees.

Of all the former All-Star power rotation players who have interacted with Whiteside, nobody deserves more credit than Heat assistant Juwan Howard, who has worked tirelessly with him on defensive positioning, his shot and other areas.

Besides having Riley and Erik Spoelstra, Whiteside doesn’t remotely take for granted the value of having resources such as Howard, Mourning, O’Neal and Olajuwon just a phone call away.

“They all did something great and any knowledge I can get, I use,” he said. “It's always helpful to be the best basketball player I can be.”

Now Whiteside, beginning Sunday, can give the Heat another compelling reason why it should do whatever necessary to keep him.