Have you ever blatantly cut a friend out of your life?

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
When I say blatantly, I don't mean ghosting or going quiet on them.

I mean you actually had a conversation (NOT in anger) where you told them you wanted to end the friendship.

What drove you to it and how did they take it?

I'm asking because I have two friends who just aren't growing up. These dudes spend the whole weekend drinking, partying, chasing girls and taking risks, then wake up Monday-Friday to go to work. No time in-between to work on anything of substance or develop themselves. It's work all week, party all weekend, rinse & repeat.

One time the one dude had been drinking all day nearly got arrested on some real bullshyt which would have been seriously damaging to his career and I kid you not, as soon as we left the station he was on some, "So we still hitting the club?:youngsabo:"

I feel like I had my time to be young and reckless and I'm now moving to the next stage of adulthood. I just have too much to lose now and I feel like being around these guys is gonna put my future in jeopardy. But it annoys me knowing that every Friday, without fail I'll get a call or message from them asking "What's the plan this weekend? :myman:" and then them getting all pissy when I'm on some, "I got other plans this weekend/I'm just chilling this weekend:manny:"

So I've just been ignoring their texts and calls the last few weeks in the hopes that the friendship will just fizzle out but I'm wondering if I need to have the awkward conversation just to make it crystal clear I want nothing to do with them going forward.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yeah, money reasons.

Had a friend who was a leech (which is fine it happens) but was too proud to admit it (that was the real problem)

One time he asked for money (300) and I was like... "You know what, this is a gift, don't even worry about it"
But no he had to get all proud and shyt be like "nah breh I got you I got you. I'll pay you back i promise on my grandmothers grave"

:why:

I didn't ask him to say all that shyt, but if you're gonna say that... ok then nikka I expect to be paid.

5 or so month's passed and one day I just asked him, "Hey remember that 300 you owe me"
He immediately starts juelzing and I just cut him off like "Keep it. Its a gift. But I cant fukk with you anymore."

we exchanged more words but that's basically the crux of the convo.
Haven't spoken to him since

I know this sounds petty... and it probably was. But I coudln't be around him

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, only female "friends" and ex girlfriends :manny:
With dudes I mainly just fade them out of my life. I had a best friend in highschool who kept fukking up so at some point I just stopped dealing with him. Having a conversation about that type of shyt between men seems kind of moist to me:dame:

shagnificent belafonte

I am he who lurks...
Daps
Reppin
Awesomeness
A couple of my homies straight up bums....nikkaz just wanna get drunk and do all kind of stupid shyt...long story short after trying on many occasions to motivate them I said fukk it...if you dont care about yourself why should I? Havent really heard from them after that...

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Had a best friend throughout elem to HS up to adulthood (30s)....

He was a consistently bragging type of dude....about his material items. Be proud but don't put me down bc I live a little less conspicuous (and had more $ which he needn't know).

Had a phase him out my life as he contributed nothing...:yeshrug:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Protect your peace. That shyt matters.

Especially if your ambitions in life change and don’t align with your current circle

However you gotta do it obviously don’t be an a$$hole just to be one unless that’s your thing then do you. ..

but sometimes you’ve just gotta distance yourself from folks and not feel bad for it.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Yerp...told the nikka if he couldn't chill with his negativity and drama that I would be done....

Now I'm done.