Havoc Explains Losing the Original Beat for Biggie's "Last Day"

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
it ain't too late to release it mastered and everything. They should do it for the fans and just get it out just for the sake of it. The one on the album though has the "Hell on earth" signature sound so i'm glad that version made it

the reel got lost so the only way to have it released/remastered is if Havoc remade the beat.....the snippet is just from some old mixtape

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Crazy I Was Reading This In A Article Today From Like 5 Years Ago

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
I wonder how it leaked to get premiered on a mixtape and then boom the reel got lost.
Hav didn't have his own studio at that point, so I'm assuming either the engineer, or some other shady employee at the studio bounced the track down and gave/sold it to that DJ as an exclusive. I'm thinking the same person probably stole the reel (just my guess)

KingsOfKings

𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞 𝕄𝕖𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥
Daps
it ain't too late to release it mastered and everything. They should do it for the fans and just get it out just for the sake of it. The one on the album though has the "Hell on earth" signature sound so i'm glad that version made it
Facts

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Someone remake the beat and put the leaked studio acapella over it

Someone did that with story to tell and it came out good

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia

They would have to have the original tapes to do a remaster.

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
The Beat sounds like something that was recorded for Hell on Earth

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
Someone remake the beat and put the leaked studio acapella over it

Someone did that with story to tell and it came out good

If someone remakes the beat, I can mix the vocals over top. As far as I know, only Biggie's verse was leaked on the acapella.....I'd have to make a DIY pella for the Lox verses....