HBCU president on meeting with Donald Trump - "We got played"

Daps
I still don't actually believe there are blk conservatives. I know we laugh and kee kee at c00ns but are there really, legitimate blks who support conservatism in this country and this buffoon in office...

No amount of homosexual agenda will irritate me enough to support conservative policies which completely and utterly fukk over our economy and specifically target poor minorities for economic ruin. We always see this shyt from conservative leaders. Under Reagan it was stagflation. Under Bush the shyt continued with the war on drugs. Clinton literally pulled us out of the economic trenches. Then the other Bush came through can plunged us right back into bullshyt that Obama had to grapple with under his term.

If this isn't the pattern, please enlighten me! Tell me why a sane person would continue to think the same conservative politics are anything but bullshyt. I hear people give a lot of lip service complaining about liberal politics but I need to know how they are just as bad as conservativism in this country.

What democratic policy helps black people booksrain.

Only policy that can help blacks collectively is reparations.

Cmon black wealth basically doesnt exist

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
What democratic policy helps black people booksrain.

Only policy that can help blacks collectively is reparations.

Cmon black wealth basically doesnt exist
Blacks benefit with the economy boosted and suffer far worse when the economy is bad.

The way it works with us is that when there are good trends in the economy we have marginal gains.

But when the economy is bad or suffering, we hurts us even more. Thus it isn't a question of whether Democrats look for or save us but it's a question of how much worse conservatism is for our community...and it's a LOT worse.

Conversative policies like trickle down economics where you provide tax breaks for the rich and cut social programs that help our community to pay for those benefits to the rich is ridiculously harmful.

Most of the mentoring programs, and community building programs that benefit blks have been put into place by Democratic presidents and underminded with budget cuts by conservatives.

For instance, social security which millions of working blk Americans benefit from was created under a Democratic president and endangered by conservatives. Tons of other social programs that help most working Americans blks included are always targeted by conservatives.

I don't understand how people don't know what social policies have completely shaped this country and benefitted blks in America under Democratic presidents. We take stuff like Civil rights policies, American Disabilities Act, Medicare and Medicaid and other social policies for granted. Millions of blk Americans would be even more worse off without these initiatives.

Programs like Upward Bound which have helped MILLIONS of blks attend college from the 60s. After school programs...I mean the list is long.

But they are always endangered by conservatives.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I still don't actually believe there are blk conservatives. I know we laugh and kee kee at c00ns but are there really, legitimate blks who support conservatism in this country and this buffoon in office...

No amount of homosexual agenda will irritate me enough to support conservative policies which completely and utterly fukk over our economy and specifically target poor minorities for economic ruin. We always see this shyt from conservative leaders. Under Reagan it was stagflation. Under Bush the shyt continued with the war on drugs. Clinton literally pulled us out of the economic trenches. Then the other Bush came through can plunged us right back into bullshyt that Obama had to grapple with under his term.

If this isn't the pattern, please enlighten me! Tell me why a sane person would continue to think the same conservative politics are anything but bullshyt. I hear people give a lot of lip service complaining about liberal politics but I need to know how they are just as bad as conservativism in this country.

I wonder if you're conflating conservative ideology with party loyalty? I don't think Trump is a conservative by any means, rather he's an opportunist with a tremendous ego who took advantage of a time in this country when populism/nationalism is in vogue. If you recall, more than a few prominent conservatives resisted Trump along with questioning his true stance on positions. Some of them have been shouted down into submission, others I think are just waiting for this nightmare to be over. Still, depending on how things go the next year or so, it wouldn't surprise me to see a conservative go at him.

Still though, you mentioned Clinton. If memory serves me well, he position himself as a conservative Democrat. He was middle of the road because Americans NEVER have voted for a hardcore lefty at that time. Maybe not even now. Consider some of his policies which could have been typical of Republican agendas such as Welfare Reform, 1994 Crime Bill, repealing of Glass-Steagall, Defense of Marriage Act, etc.. Was he a hardcore conservative, of course not and evidence of such is him raising taxes and cutting spending on defense. Although he's since changed his tune on the high corporate taxes that were part of his legacy.

Still though, you get the point that he's held conservative positions throughout the years but isn't a Republican. Still, a conservative Democrat. Same with his wife. It's no secret that military hawks were riding with Hillary this past election. The same can be said of Black people who although don't necessarily identify themselves as Republicans or even Conservative for that matter. You yourself have posted that Black folks need to exercise their second amendment rights. That's not a liberal position to take.

Daps
Blacks benefit with the economy boosted and suffer far worse when the economy is bad.

The way it works with us is that when there are good trends in the economy we have marginal gains.

But when the economy is bad or suffering, we hurts us even more. Thus it isn't a question of whether Democrats look for or save us but it's a question of how much worse conservatism is for our community...and it's a LOT worse.

Conversative policies like trickle down economics where you provide tax breaks for the rich and cut social programs that help our community to pay for those benefits to the rich is ridiculously harmful.

Most of the mentoring programs, and community building programs that benefit blks have been put into place by Democratic presidents and underminded with budget cuts by conservatives.

For instance, social security which millions of working blk Americans benefit from was created under a Democratic president and endangered by conservatives. Tons of other social programs that help most working Americans blks included are always targeted by conservatives.

I don't understand how people don't know what social policies have completely shaped this country and benefitted blks in America under Democratic presidents. We take stuff like Civil rights policies, American Disabilities Act, Medicare and Medicaid and other social policies for granted. Millions of blk Americans would be even more worse off without these initiatives.

Programs like Upward Bound which have helped MILLIONS of blks attend college from the 60s. After school programs...I mean the list is long.

But they are always endangered by conservatives.

That doesn't improve Black wealth.

Out of 14 million homes only 338,000 Black people are millionaires.

Democrats and republicans do not improve black wealth.

Claude Anderson explain this books.

Blacks need land and allocated resources to build wealth.

Norther party gives us that.

Ask urself books how many years have black people Bern poor

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Blacks get played by both political parties because they don't understand that politics is a NEGOTIATION. It isn't a team of people getting together to chill and be buds and get money together. You have to imagine you are sitting down at a business table and negotiating a deal or you are at the car lot trying to get the most for your money. Just because someone smiles and makes nice small talk doesn't mean anything. It's what they are SUPPOSED TO DO to get the best deal for themselves. If you don't know how to or refuse to negotiate, you are going to get taken to the woodshed.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
saint-pauls.jpg

Caption
17 HBCUs that didn’t make it

Feb 01, 2018
Five HBCUs have completely closed since 1989. Several others, including Knoxville College, Barber-Scotia College and Morris Brown College, with only 55 students enrolled, remain open in name only after having been stripped of their accreditation.

Here is a closer look at 17 black colleges that have closed:

Avery College: 1849-1873. Pittsburgh. Not much is known about Avery other than a historical marker that reads in part, “to provide classical education for Negroes.” The school’s 1873 closing might have been tied to a financial panic.

Guadalupe College: 1884-1936. Seguin, Texas.Established by the Guadalupe Baptist Association for black students. Fire destroyed the campus in 1936.

Western University: 1865-1943, Quindaro, Kan.The first black college established west of the Mississippi. A fire in 1924, followed by dwindling enrollment, forced closure in 1943.

Storer College: 1865-1955: Harpers Ferry, W.Va.Founded by New England philanthropists, the school lost state funding after the Brown v. Board of Education ruling.

Leland University: 1870-1960. New Orleans/Baker, La. After a hurricane destroyed the campus in 1915, the school moved to Baker. The school struggled financially.

Campbell College: 1890-1964. Vicksburg and Jackson, Miss. The African Methodist Episcopal Church started the school “to give students a thorough education.” Poor finances closed it in 1964.

Kittrell College: 1886-1975. Kittrell, N.C. The AME school was twice shut down for financial problems before closing for good in 1975.

Daniel Payne College: 1889-1979. Birmingham.Named in honor of Daniel Payne, the sixth bishop of the AME Church, the school went bankrupt in 1978.

Friendship College: 1891-1981. Rock Hill, S.C.Founded as a “place for young African-Americans to be educated so that they could move forward in society as ministers and educators.” Financial mismanagement forced the school to close in 1981.

Prentiss Institute: 1907-1989. Jefferson Davis County, Miss. When Prentiss opened, students paid in eggs, chicken and produce. It became a private two-year college in 1955. A decline in enrollment forced the school to close in 1989.

foo.png

Despite losing its accreditation, Morris Brown College, a once prominent HBCU apart of the Atlanta University Center, is still striving to educate young adults. Here how two students came to the decision to attend the college.
Mississippi Industrial College: 1905-1982. Holly Springs, Miss. The Colored Methodist Episcopal Church opened the school to train students in Christian ideals. The advent of community colleges forced the college to close in 1982.

Bishop College: 1881-1988. Dallas. Founded in Marshall as a college for black Baptists, Bishop moved to Dallas in 1961. It suffered financially through the ’70s and ’80s before closing.

Natchez Junior College: 1884-1989. Natchez, Miss. Formed by the Baptist State Missionary Convention as Natchez College, it stopped giving bachelor’s degrees in the 1960s and became a junior college before closing in 1989.

Morristown College: 1881-1989. Morristown, Tenn. Hard times forced the school to merge with Knoxville College in 1989, becoming Knoxville College-Morristown Campus. Knoxville had its own issues and closed the school in 1994. Three years later, Knoxville lost its accreditation. In 2015, the college suspended classes until fall 2016 but never reopened. It remains indefinitely closed.

Mary Holmes College: 1892-2004. Jacksonville, Miss. Having started as a high school for girls, it became a two-year private college in 1959. Financial problems forced the school’s board to declare bankruptcy and close in 2004.

Lewis College of Business: 1928-2013. Detroit.The first HBCU in Michigan, Lewis specialized in business-related majors. It closed in 2013.

St. Paul’s College: 1888 – 2013. Lawrenceville, Va. The last HBCU to close, St. Paul’s struggled with financial issues for years until it lost its accreditation in 2012. A last-ditch effort to merge with another school failed, and the school closed a year later.

* In the 1950s, Florida opened a series of 11 black junior colleges after the Brown vs. Board of Education decision. All were abruptly closed after passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act