HBO Boxing 11-12-16 4pm EST - Luis "King Kong" Ortiz vs Malik Scott Fight Thread

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
tumblr_inline_mq3aw0el7k1qz4rgp.gif

Augustus was exciting and ALWAYS fought to win

Bad comparison

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Fight was trash and Ortiz looked some what vulnerable with Scott dipping many of his punches and showing how to effectively run against Ortiz. I think the length and athleticism of Wilder could definitely be used against Ortiz. Have a hard time seeing Ortiz get pass Wilder Jab and straight after seeing him struggle to pin Malik fukking Scott on the ropes. Wilder would just circle and pot shot all night. Hopefully the new management can get Ortiz some more fights so we can better assess whether tonight's performance was related to the long lay off, Scott being awkward, or Ortiz having real deficiencies.

As to the people hating on HBO, cmon :why:. That shyt getting old and HBO unquestionably has had the best fights of the 2nd half of the year. Kov/Ward and Lomo/Walters both have potential to either be FOTY and top 5 FOTY at minimal most likely

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Only idiots believed he laid down. Wilder caught him clean and he couldn't get up.

Naw I heard that too bruh. It isn't really that much of a leap either when you consider Scott and Wilder are close friends. Many in the boxing community feel Scott took a dive and I believe it.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Naw I heard that too bruh. It isn't really that much of a leap either when you consider Scott and Wilder are close friends. Many in the boxing community feel Scott took a dive and I believe it.
I've heard people say it, watch the fight, watch the punch land and connect and realize how poor Scott's chin is and its reasonable.
Everyone just hates on Wilder, thats all that is.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
God, Malik Scott is an absolute waste of space.
Being mobile is one thing but to basically run for an entire fight (especially at heavyweight) is just some cowardly bullshyt.
And :scust:at anyone who thinks Malik Scott didn't take a dive against Wilder. This Ortiz fight alone is more than enough corroborating evidence.
The big goof was flopping all over the ring from the first second Ortiz threw a punch that came anywhere near him.

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That piece of shyt hook? :mjlol:

The straight right that split his guard and hit him cleanly on the chin

Bi4TKTFIQAAkMyJ.jpg

Yall conspiracy theory ass nikkas gotta stop with this shyt :martin:

There's nothing that could've been offered that would've made it worth taking himself out of contention for the multi-million dollar paydays that Scott was in line for had he gotten past Wilder.

And :scust:at anyone who thinks Malik Scott didn't take a dive against Wilder. This Ortiz fight alone is more than enough corroborating evidence.
The big goof was flopping all over the ring from the first second Ortiz threw a punch that came anywhere near him.

Actually, this is corroborating proof that he didn't PURPOSELY take a dive.

He's just one of those guys that folds mentally when you put some leather on his chin.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
The straight right that split his guard and hit him cleanly on the chin

Bi4TKTFIQAAkMyJ.jpg

Yall conspiracy theory ass nikkas gotta stop with this shyt :martin:

There's nothing that could've been offered that would've made it worth taking himself out of contention for the multi-million dollar paydays that Scott was in line for had he gotten past Wilder.

Actually, this is corroborating proof that he didn't PURPOSELY take a dive.

He's just one of those guys that folds mentally when you put some leather on his chin.

Bruh.... Ortiz wasnt even connecting and he was falling to the canvas and shyt.