Help finding job in my field

Bigfish

Rookie
Daps
Hey guys this is my first thread, and I have important question to ask? I recently graduated from college with 2 bachelors one in marketing the other in management. I also have a couple internships under my belt, but I am struggling to find jobs in my fields. Does anyone know something I could do?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Keep applying, and since you're just out of school check and see if your college has a career center. They might have hookups or know about jobs that aren't posted online.

Also make sure your resume is on point, you might want to have your counselor look at it. And lastly be willing to move if you don't have kids. If you live in an area with no jobs in your field your best bet might be to relocate.

Bigfish

Rookie
Daps
Keep applying, and since you're just out of school check and see if your college has a career center. They might have hookups or know about jobs that aren't posted online.

Also make sure your resume is on point, you might want to have your counselor look at it. And lastly be willing to move if you don't have kids. If you live in an area with no jobs in your field your best bet might be to relocate.

Thanks for the answer bro. I live in NYC so I dont think I need to move. So you think I should just apply to as much jobs as possible ?

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Try a temp agency
See if the places you interned for are hiring maybe they will wan you back

Be patient fam. You go remember you are competing with a lot of people that are out of work and a new pool of people that just graduated. Those internships are a plus for you to so look for a job like it's your job. Don't sell yourself short. Apply to as many jobs as possible and see what happens. May sister for example has a masters in Accounting and it took her like 2 years to get a good job. She eventually found something and is making really good money now (Film industry, see if they have openings there too).

Good luck

Bigfish

Rookie
Daps
Try a temp agency
See if the places you interned for are hiring maybe they will wan you back

Be patient fam. You go remember you are competing with a lot of people that are out of work and a new pool of people that just graduated. Those internships are a plus for you to so look for a job like it's your job. Don't sell yourself short. Apply to as many jobs as possible and see what happens. May sister for example has a masters in Accounting and it took her like 2 years to get a good job. She eventually found something and is making really good money now (Film industry, see if they have openings there too).

Good luck

Thanks for the response bro.
Where did your sister apply for the film job?

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She started with vice then moved on to another company
Below is one of the places she would look for job openings, but really they do it through word of mouth. You really need to know the right people and network to get jobs in the industry. I was trying to get in myself but she is not allowed to work with family members.
New York | TheLIST
This is for NY but you can change the location to where ever you are at.