Help Keep The Coli Abreast of Tips/Info for 4k Consoles & Gaming Monitors 2017

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
4K Consoles, Gaming Monitors, and Maximizing Their Marriage

Much like myself, I know alot of brehs are purchasing PS4 Pros and Xbox One Ses moving into 2017. Clearly, to unlock the full capabilities of these consoles, one needs a 4k television.

I'd love if those educated coli posters who are well versed in input lag/refresh rates and the like to offer their two cents so their fellow Coli brehs don't lose out on thousands by buying incompatible or inferior monitors/tvs. Now, I know it's been discussed in previous threads but not in context of newer console models, so I'd consider this a refresher thread.

Scenario 1:

I've purchased a PS4 Pro and an Xbox One S. I'm going to replace the current Xbox One w/ the X1S as the living room entertainment center for family.

I want to use my Xbox One and my Ps4 Pro for competitive FPS & fighting game use. I don't plan to purchase a 4K television until March 2017. I DO want to purchase a gaming PC monitor w/ low input lag.

I understand that gaming monitors target PC gamers w/ respect to "144hz" as the gold standard refresh rate for competitive gaming. W/ respect to the PS4 Pro, X1S, and/or X1/PS4 originals, do any consoles moving into 2017 actually take advantage of refresh rate over 60hz or should low input lag be the only concern as long as the monitor is at 60hz?

Thoughts?

I'd like this to be Console War Neutral - People out here need answers w/o the bullshyt to avoid being beat in the head. Thanks in advance.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
How are you claiming to school us while asking for our advice :what:
:snoop:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
How are you claiming to school us while asking for our advice :what:
:snoop:
I said... this is a thread about "schooling the coli" not ME schooling the coli.

I want to be schooled and I hope that this thread could provide answers for people through Coli Crowdsourcing from brehs, not me, who are well versed in this.

The fukk are you talking about? :dahell:

You literally misinterpreted the title egregiously, breh.

Anyway, any tips that could help brehs like me who are trying to purchase the right equipment?

Edit:

Instead of "school the coli", I'll edit it to say "Help Keep The Coli Abreast of 4k Consoles & Gaming Monitors"

Brehs looking for a fight on some lame shyt.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
I said... this is a thread about "schooling the coli" not ME schooling the coli.

I want to be schooled and I hope that this thread could provide answers for people through Coli Crowdsourcing from brehs, not me, who are well versed in this.

The fukk are you talking about? :dahell:

You literally misinterpreted the title egregiously, breh.

Anyway, any tips that could help brehs like me who are trying to purchase the right equipment?

Edit:

Instead of "school the coli", I'll edit it to say "Help Keep The Coli Abreast of 4k Consoles & Gaming Monitors"

Brehs looking for a fight on some lame shyt.

@Fatboi1

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
I think I may go with this based on the help so far. - as of Nov '16.

BenQ 24-inch Gaming monitor - 1080P - 1ms Response time - 60 hz refresh rate

60 hz and console gaming ready. $200, also.

This is the monitor a lot of professional gamers use so probably the best

Or this one

https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=9SIA0AJ3V46730

Edit @DPresidential

Here's another one for cheaper at Best Buy

ASUS 23.6" FHD 1ms GTG TN LED Gaming Monitor (VP247H-P) - Black

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Not they.

I think you mean, Me.

And show me the thread. Def unintentional. I tried to search.

Link it, I'd like to get more helpful info and this thread could die.

My question was answered.
The use of "they" and ":sas2:" implies my post was meant as a joke/sarcasm.
He does have a thread about 4K tvs already though, with a helpful list of TVs that offer true 4K HDR displays
Official: REAL 4k, HDR tvs

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
The use of "they" and ":sas2:" implies my post was meant as a joke/sarcasm.
He does have a thread about 4K tvs already though, with a helpful list of TVs that offer true 4K HDR displays
Official: REAL 4k, HDR tvs
Lol. I feel you.

No, I saw this thread. It was specific to the TV market and 4k.

I wanted a primary focus on monitors, though, breh.

I felt that the convo would be in too many different directions if I made this type of inquiry in a TV thread.